Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> OS X Mavericks download - Where to find it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to create the Mavericks usb with Unibeast 3.0.1 but when I get to the installation type screen the 10.9 file size only reads 9 mb but the file size in finder states 5.35GB .
HELP! Not sure what to do from here.
Thanks

Unibeast 3.0.1 but when I get to the installation type screen the 10.9 file size only reads 9 mb
Post some pics of what you're seeing, not sure which step you're at.

TRS96,
I was able to make the mavericks USB using unibeast 3.0.1.. Prior to doing the install I tried to update the motherboard bios from F3 to F7 as I did back in 2014. However using Q flash I was unable to transfer file from usb.
I went ahead with F3, loaded optimized defaults, set xmp to Profile1, disabled serial port, disabled internal graphics, disabled wake on LAN. Saved and exit bios.
The install went ok but after restart and booting from new Mavericks SSD I received the kernel panic seen below.
Any advice on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
BobG

Attachments

• AFA7ED57-2F46-48C4-A766-8388CE589624.jpeg
    AFA7ED57-2F46-48C4-A766-8388CE589624.jpeg
    886.2 KB · Views: 40
Mac Pro 3,1 the 2008 MP, was still the default for Unibeast back then. It's not the best choice for your hardware though. Should probably change that to iMac14,2. I would also wait till after everything works to enable the XMP profile 1. Sometimes that can cause KPs.

I was able to make the mavericks USB using unibeast 3.0.1
For accuracy sake, 3.0.1 was the Chimera bootloader version. It was never attached to any Unibeast version.
Looking back further it does appear there was a 3.0.1 Unibeast version back in 2013.

The newest version of Unibeast for Mavericks was 5.2.0 if I recall correctly. That is now 9 years ago.

Last edited:
For accuracy sake, 3.0.1 was the Chimera bootloader version. It was never attached to any Unibeast version.

View attachment 551985
The version of Unibeast for Mavericks was 5.2.0 if I recall. That is now 9 years ago.
I confirm. And for MultiBeast, the last one was 6.5.1 (although I had to use v6.1.0 for AppleHDA with my Z68).

Mac Pro 3,1 the 2008 MP, was still the default for Unibeast back then. It's not the best choice for your hardware though. Should probably change that to iMac14,2. I would also wait till after everything works to enable the XMP profile 1. Sometimes that can cause KPs.
Thanks. I thought Multibeast after install was the method used to change system def from Mac pro 3.1 to iMac 14.2. If so I couldn’t run it because of the kernel panic.
Will using unibeast 5.2 change system def?

Thanks. I thought Multibeast after install was the method used to change system def from Mac pro 3.1 to iMac 14.2. If so I couldn’t run it because of the kernel panic.
Will using unibeast 5.2 change system def?
no, unibeast is not designed to change system definition

you can edit your config.plist though

I thought Multibeast after install was the method used to change system def from Mac pro 3.1 to iMac 14.2. If so I couldn’t run it because of the kernel panic.
You can change it on the USB flash drive by using something like the PlistEdit Pro app. Then boot from the flash drive using iMac14,2 and see how it goes. PE Pro has a free trial version you can use. May have to use a newer macOS version to run it though. Or use the older version of the app. https://www.fatcatsoftware.com/plisteditpro/PlistEditPro_187.zip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back