Graphics
GT 710
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I followed all the instructions to prepare a USB stick with UniBeast-Lion-1.5.3. I set the Bios according to the instructions found on this site. When I try to install MAC OS X Lion, I can see the familiar MAC OS X install and the activity symbol working for a few seconds and then it freezes. I get the same result with Verbose mode, single user mode. When I choose boot ignoring cache the activity symbol keeps spinning but after a few minutes the familiar "Prohibited" circle with a line across appears above the Apple symbol while the activity wheel keeps spinning. It keeps spinning forever.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Gigabyte.Z68X-UD3H-B3, rev. 1.3, F 12
Intel Core i7-2600K Quad-Core Socket LGA1155, 3.40Ghz, 8MB L3 Cache, 32nm
Corsair Vengeance Low Profile Blue 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 1600MHz CL9 1.5V DIMM
Corsair Enthusiast Series TX650 V2 650W 80PLUS Bronze Certified Power Supply
Seagate Barracuda (ST2000DM001) SATA3 6.0Gb/s 2TB 64MB Cache (OEM)
LG BH14NS40 14x Blu-ray Writer, Supports M-Disc, BDXL, Internal SATA,

Boot into verbose mode. When the text stops, take a picture and post it here.

Boot into verbose mode. When the text stops, take a picture and post it here.

I'm afraid I don't know how to take a screenshot since the computer has no working operating system . Did you mean a digital camera picture? Here is what I could get

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0058.jpg
    IMG_0058.jpg
    512.9 KB · Views: 579
You can't take a screenshot. You use a camera or your phone camera.

For some reason the text has shifted left and is chopped off on the left side. If you look in the picture near the bottom, you will see the line "as arrived". This is the chopped off version of "DSMOS has arrived". This means you are essentially booted but the video is blocking you from getting to the installer screen.

Try booting with: -v -x PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No

For some reason the text has shifted left and is chopped off on the left side. If you look in the picture near the bottom, you will see the line "as arrived". This is the chopped off version of "DSMOS has arrived". This means you are essentially booted but the video is blocking you from getting to the installer screen.

Try booting with: -v -x PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No

Her is a pic after booting with:-v -x PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No

Attachments

• IMG_0060.jpg
    IMG_0060.jpg
    436.6 KB · Views: 164
Waiting for root device means that it can't find the USB drive to boot. Some people have found using a different USB flash drive has helped.

Try booting with different combinations of -v -x PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No

Like:

-v PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No
-v -x GraphicsEnabler=No
-v -x PCIRootUID=0

Waiting for root device means that it can't find the USB drive to boot. Some people have found using a different USB flash drive has helped.

Try booting with different combinations of -v -x PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No

Like:

-v PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No
-v -x GraphicsEnabler=No
-v -x PCIRootUID=0

OK. I'll try your suggestions. However this is the second USB drive I have used.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back