Contribute
Register

OS X Installer Boot Fail - Error loading kernel cache

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I tried to follow that, but I got banned for three days for having "to much information in profile". Should I try again? This is what I had in it:
Mobo: Fujitsu FJNB25E (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320M/QM77
Graphics: Intel HD 4000, 1600x900

As long as you add the data to your *profile* and not the *signature*, it should be fine.

Ok, hopefully I've got it now.

Looks fine.
Apparently that wasn't ok since I just got done with another ban for "repeated disregard for the profile components rule". Oh well. :|

Any thoughts on what might be causing my kernel panic (post 29)?

Apparently that wasn't ok since I just got done with another ban for "repeated disregard for the profile components rule". Oh well. :|

I see there are some new restrictions in there that directly contradict with the laptop FAQ.
I have contacted the site owner to express my disagreement.

After this post, you will not see any replies from me on this site until it is resolved.

Any thoughts on what might be causing my kernel panic (post 29)?

From where did you download macOS?

Might be memory map issue (try filling memory details in config.plist/SMBIOS/Memory), or BIOS setting issue, or try AptioMemoryFix.efi (as per guide), or even Clover legacy.

I have exactly the same issue, any update ?

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

Do you have the kernel panic also?

I do believe it to be a memory map issue as RehabMan suggested. I tried filling memory details in config.plist/SMBIOS/Memory, but wasn't completely sure what I was doing and did it wrong. Then I got really busy and didn't have time to work on it any more. But I plan on taking another crack at it in a couple of weeks. I will post here if I get anything working (more likely when I run into more problems).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back