Register

OS X El Capitan Public Beta is Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
i guess so yeah ;):p

As tonymacx86 said in the original post:
tonymacx86 said:
We’ve also revised the site rules to reflect the new policy:
This site allows discussion of pre-release software (such as OS X Public Beta software builds) from the free Apple Beta Software Program. This site does NOT support pre-release Apple Developer Program Beta software, and does NOT allow the discussion of installation or use of Apple Developer Program Beta software. Repeated violations of this rule will result in a permanent ban. No Apple Developer Program Builds, Apple Beta Software Program builds only.

So for those who have downloaded it and set it up on a "test" machine. What have the results been so far? Any issues or things to be aware of? Thinking of doing it on a test machine here as well. From what I have been seeing it's similar to 10.10 architecturally and shouldn't have any issues.

So for those who have downloaded it and set it up on a "test" machine. What have the results been so far? Any issues or things to be aware of? Thinking of doing it on a test machine here as well. From what I have been seeing it's similar to 10.10 architecturally and shouldn't have any issues.
Issue 1, no audio after installing 10.11
Issue 2, no privilege for SLE folder
Issue 3, boot argument of rootless=0 causes kernel panic

I upgraded from 10.10.4 to 10.11 beta today on my, also upgraded (2X3.46GHz 6 core Xeon) 2009 MacPro.
So the bluetooth mouse was laggy to unusable and some programs were extremely slow to start up (Disk Utility, system prefs and others) to being unusable. Several reboots improved the system somewhat but at the end of the day I restored my 10.10.4 backup. My storage is an SSD RAID0 on a PCIe card.

Perhaps a fresh install would make a difference and I may try that this weekend...and I am expecting a big and positive difference.

If that is not successful then I will wait for Beta 2 and try again.

Any experiences from people using Clover yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back