Contribute
Register

OS X El Capitan Public Beta is Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
newbie here.. will this work on late 2008 macbook pro?

ElCapMBP.png

Yes, it works fine on my late 2008 MacBook Pro, it's what I'm using now.

Upgrade through the App Store but be sure to backup first.

Yes, it works fine on my late 2008 MacBook Pro, it's what I'm using now.

Upgrade through the App Store but be sure to backup first.

i got the download from the apps store.. thanks and will try again.. how log did it took for you to have it installed completely?

Also success here on installing Public Beta!

My System:
Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3
i5 4440
16GB DDR3
120GB SSD
GTX 750Ti (req. Web driver)

Normal Clover boot flag(s): nvda_drv=1
Emergency boot flag(s): nv_disable=1

Here's what I did in only 10 steps:

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP !!! (that was the disclaimer)

1) I downloaded it from the app store.
2) Shrunk my Yosemite partition with Disk Utility, Gave El Capitan its own partition of about 30GB
3) Run the Installer, make sure to select the correct partition (El Capitan assumes an upgrade of Yosemite disk)
4) In about a minute it will reboot. In Clover there's a Installer item, boot that (with the appropriate kernel flags, such as nv_disable=1 for unsupported video card)
5) Let it install, takes a good 20-30 min
6) Upon reboot, select the El Capitan partition for boot (again with appropriate flags if necessary)
7) Configure the first run wizard
8) Install Nvidia beta web driver (earlier in thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-public-beta-now-available-7.html#post1071833)
9) reboot, and this time leave your default kernel flags
10) enjoy El Capitan Public Beta!

I also have my RealtekRTL8111.kext, FakeSMC.kext and AppleHDA.kext in the Clover kexts folder under 10.11. Works nicely. No Audio without boot flags tho. Don't want to mess around, waiting for fix.

Also success here on installing Public Beta 3!

My System:
Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3
i5 4440
16GB DDR3
120GB SSD
GTX 750Ti (req. Web driver)

Normal Clover boot flag(s): nvda_drv=1
Emergency boot flag(s): nv_disable=1

Here's what I did in only 10 steps:

BACKUP BACKUP BACKUP !!! (that was the disclaimer)

1) I downloaded it from the app store.
2) Shrunk my Yosemite partition with Disk Utility, Gave El Capitan its own partition of about 30GB
3) Run the Installer, make sure to select the correct partition (El Capitan assumes an upgrade of Yosemite disk)
4) In about a minute it will reboot. In Clover there's a Installer item, boot that (with the appropriate kernel flags, such as nv_disable=1 for unsupported video card)
5) Let it install, takes a good 20-30 min
6) Upon reboot, select the El Capitan partition for boot (again with appropriate flags if necessary)
7) Configure the first run wizard
8) Install Nvidia beta web driver (earlier in thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-public-beta-now-available-7.html#post1071833)
9) reboot, and this time leave your default kernel flags
10) enjoy El Capitan Public Beta!

I also have my RealtekRTL8111.kext, FakeSMC.kext and AppleHDA.kext in the Clover kexts folder under 10.11. Works nicely. No Audio without boot flags tho. Don't want to mess around, waiting for fix.

thanks but i am trying to isntall on Macbook Pro Late 2008.. I will try to install on a clean SSD drive..

thanks but i am trying to isntall on Macbook Pro Late 2008.. I will try to install on a clean SSD drive..

You should be fine, you could just run the installer and install it on a separate partition or update your current version (BACKUP!!!). Your mac is supported out of the box.

You should be fine, you could just run the installer and install it on a separate partition or update your current version (BACKUP!!!). Your mac is supported out of the box.

I tried to update my current version and it will not install but I was able to install on clean partition.. it also ask to copy my profile from my other partition.. any one having issue with Final Cut not loading?

I tried to update my current version and it will not install but I was able to install on clean partition.. it also ask to copy my profile from my other partition.. any one having issue with Final Cut not loading?

two update where release and just updated my system and it looks like it fixes the application error i am getting with Final Cut.. is there a way to find out what are the update that was installed? If i go to the app store and check the update that was done it does not tell me anything.. only shows "This update is recommended for all users".

Can you reach the El Capitan Public Beta 1 installer?

I use CLOVER v3253 and I followed strictly the guide on Tonymacx but I cannot reach the installer. I just stopped at the Apple Logo screen.

I've installed el capitan by manually building the usb installer as posted a couple pages back. To boot, the installer, I had to go into options (on the Clover bootloader screen) and add 10.10.11 to the "Set OS version if not: 10.10.10". It should look like "Set OS version if not: 10.10.10 10.10.11". After I did that I booted the installer fine. This option never saves, so it may be necessary to do this again if it does not boot regularly.

I've installed el capitan by manually building the usb installer as posted a couple pages back. To boot, the installer, I had to go into options (on the Clover bootloader screen) and add 10.10.11 to the "Set OS version if not: 10.10.10". It should look like "Set OS version if not: 10.10.10 10.10.11". After I did that I booted the installer fine. This option never saves, so it may be necessary to do this again if it does not boot regularly.
No luck after trying your method. Still a white screen, but I could see the mouse icon which I could move.

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back