Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
beta.jpg
The OS X 10.11 El Capitan Public Beta is now available. Apple wants as many users as possible to test OS X 10.11 El Capitan to provide constructive feedback before the official release later this fall. To participate in the free Public Beta, you must enroll in the Apple Beta Software Program using your Apple ID.

Enroll in the Free Apple Beta Software Program
https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/welcome

We applaud Apple for making the betas available to the general public, and for the first time, tonymacx86.com will allow discussion of this software and its installation for those who have enrolled. Therefore we’ve added two new special subforums for the beta in Installation > OS X El Capitan Desktop Support and Laptops > OS X El Capitan Laptop Support, where users will be able to post for support.

We’ve also revised the site rules to reflect the new policy:
This site allows discussion of pre-release software (such as OS X Public Beta software builds) from the free Apple Beta Software Program. This site does NOT support pre-release Apple Developer Program Beta software, and does NOT allow the discussion of installation or use of Apple Developer Program Beta software. Repeated violations of this rule will result in a permanent ban. No Apple Developer Program Builds, Apple Beta Software Program builds only.

Finally, we’re going to be releasing a special version of UniBeast soon in order to facilitate easy USB installer creation for the beta. Stay tuned!

EDIT: Due to security changes in Public Beta 3+ UniBeast for Beta will be cancelled. Sorry for any inconvenience, we are testing a ton to attempt to support the eventual release.

Excited for pre-release Tonymac support. Thanks (as always) for everything everyone does for this community.

Woot! I only recently managed to get my new Clover-based Hackintosh up and running smoothly so I'll probably hold off on upgrading until it's officially released. However, I'm inclined to believe that earlier access to an open beta can only mean good things for the development of hackintoshing tools.

I'm going to do the same thing as i did with Yosemite I'm going to hold off 10.11 until 10.11.4 is released tbh because most of the bugs will be fixed then :thumbup:

I'm going to do the same thing as i did with Yosemite I'm going to hold off 10.11 until 10.11.4 is released tbh because most of the bugs will be fixed then :thumbup:

You may be able to upgrade sooner. If its true what they say about El Capitan being more about stability and performance than adding new features, then it may be more stable in that respect.

the only way is to find out i guess and yeah apple has just thought about the features in Yosemite such as Hands off well i don't use it never will all i care about is Stability as you say bro:)

That's a pretty good idea. I went from Mavericks to Yosemite with no issues and have a rocking system right now. I think I'll wait out the earlier dot releases of Elcap.

Finally, we’re going to be releasing a special version of UniBeast soon in order to facilitate easy USB installer creation for the beta. Stay tuned!

Fantastic! :headbang:

no way Tony really? :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back