Contribute
Register

OS X El Capitan Public Beta 3 is Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Public beta 4 is out.

I was brave and just hit Update without any further research or backup and voila, instant success! :)

I am using clover 3252, FakeSMC in /l/e, CsrActiveConfig is set to 0x3. Everything works just fine (including Nvida Web Drivers).

Actually I
had more troubles upgrading my rMBP13 to PB4 than with my Hackintosh (I had to run the update twice + had the flashing folder questionmark sign - somehow it forgot where the boot volume is).

Thanks toleda for your input,

1. Boot Yosemite/kext-dev-mode=1
2. Install FakeSMC and other unsigned kext to El Capitan partition
3. Repair permissions and rebuild cache for El Capitan partition
4. Restart El Capitan

i don't have a el captain partition though, I'm doing the update to public beta from yosmite via the app store, are you saying it will be better to create a usb installer for el capitan and install from that then boot into a backup of yosmite and do the above?

Matt

looks like it doing summit,

just rebooted and selected without caches and its got further than it did before.

Matt

also just upgraded to Public Beta 4 with similar settings-(clover 3253, FakeSMC in /l/e, CsrActiveConfig is set to 0x3)-and writing this post from within new upgrade - no problems--everything working-cheers!

Today Apple released the 3rd Public Beta of OS X El Capitan. If you've already installed the public beta, the update is available via the Mac App Store.

Enroll in the Free Apple Beta Software Program
https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/welcome

Related:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...x-el-capitan-public-beta-2-now-available.html
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...s-x-el-capitan-public-beta-now-available.html

Beta 4 is Here

Attachments

• El Capitan Public Beta 4.png
    El Capitan Public Beta 4.png
    87.8 KB · Views: 124
Got it!

All updated to beta 4, wasn't pretty but I got there.

Do I need to change it back to 0x3 when I do the next update? I've currently got it set to 0x00

What about the process if I need to install some more kexts? Do I change it to 0x3 to do that as well?

I was so excited I treated my self to a new graphics card lol.

Matt

Thank you everyone in this forum for all your help. I'm running Public Beta 4 via a direct App Store upgrade from Yosemite > Beta 1 > Beta 2 > Beta 3 > Beta 4, thanks to a combination of Clover 3253, CsrActiveConfig set to 0x3 in config.plist, and copying FakeSMC.kext from /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11/ into /System/Library/Extensions/. Yosemite > Beta 1 went flawlessly, but Beta 2 borked everything until I set the CsrActiveConfig and other SIP settings and copied FakeSMC to /S/L/E/. The other two beta updates gave me no issues.

However, I also mistakenly copied a couple of Realtek audio kexts from my Yosemite config that caused El Capitan to recognize audio devices in the System Report, but not as output devices. After deleting those 2 kexts and removing the kext injection option from my config.plist, I followed Toleda's guide to get the audio working: https://github.com/toleda/audio_RealtekALC/blob/master/README.md. For my Nvidia gtx 770 hdmi audio, I then added HDMIaudio.kext (v1.1 here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9xenemmfwa1ee7b/HDMIAudio-1.1.dmg?dl=0) to /System/Library/Extensions/, and voila, all audio is now working!

To summarize my list of modifications for El Capitan(credit to everyone on this forum and some Googling):
- Copied FakeSMC.kext and HDMIAudio.kext to /System/Library/Extensions/
- Inserted the appropriate SIP settings in the config.plist (e.g. CsrActiveConfig, see previous posts all over this thread)
- After installing beta 4, I ran the command provided by Toleda in his guide referenced above.

Hope this helps someone else!

Post-driver install, I even enabled trim natively with "sudo trimforce enable"! Public beta 4 also fixed issues with my mouse software that was present in beta 1-3 (specifically, this is Steermouse software for Logitech mouse). I've also installed Little Snitch 3.6 Nightly, which installed perfectly with no issues (currently blocking a bunch of random requests from screensharingd 0.o). Thanks again, everyone!

---

This may be off topic, but if you're multi-booting El Capitan with Windows and/or Linux, I spent quite a bit of time figuring out how to get every partition to autoboot with a particular config.plist. This may be helpful if you wish to auto boot a particular partition using the latest version of Clover on a UEFI/gpt setup (I use a script in each OS to auto boot into another).

Mac:
<key>IgnoreNVRAMBOOT</key>
<true/>
<key>DefaultVolume</key>
<string>your-mac-partition-guid</string>
<key>DefaultLoader</key>
<string>\System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi</string>

Windows:
<true/>
<key>DefaultVolume</key>
<string>your-efi-partition-guid</string>
<key>DefaultLoader</key>
<string>\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\bootmgfw.efi</string>
(be sure the loader actually exists on your EFI partition)

Linux:
<true/>
<key>DefaultVolume</key>
<string>your-efi-partition-guid</string>
<key>DefaultLoader</key>
<string>\EFI\grub\grubx64.efi</string>
(be sure the loader actually exists on your EFI partition)

That's marginally better. To clarify, "rootless=0" is being replaced by the CSR flags which allow more fine-grained control of what aspects of SIP are in place: http://www.idelta.info/archives/sip-rootless-internal-in-el-capitan/ I'm not clear why they're choosing 0x67, or what it will take to get kexts to be loaded from the EFI partition. My impression is that the system will ultimately need kexts installed to S/L/E under 0x67 then run normally under 0x1, but I'm curious to see what the reality is.
Interesting and I will wait for further progression.

hi,

PB5 is coming with a Recovery update.

The few obvious changes to the software include:

A new color OS X logo in the About This Mac window;
The Accessibility system preference has a few design tweaks, plus a new checkbox to enable/disable “Shake mouse pointer to locate;”
A new Safari welcome screen.

cheers

Attachments

• pb5.png
    pb5.png
    47.1 KB · Views: 152
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back