Contribute
Register

OS X El Capitan Public Beta 3 is Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a NVidia 740 card and the web drivers for El Capitan beta work just fine in beta 3. Sorry to hear they don't work for you octavecode...

Mat77303 -You will still need to manually set :

<key>RtVariables</key>
<dict>
<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
<string>0x65</string>
<key>BooterConfig</key>
<string>0x28</string>
</dict>

again in your config.plist file( note clover configurator will not do this for you only mount the EFI partition) - see post #53 –toleda- regarding clover 3253’s behavior on this issue. By the way you do not need kext-dev-mode=1 or rootless=0 anymore.

By the way be careful with clover configurator cause I also noticed when you save your config.plist file using it it may competley remove/replace the RtVariables section –guess cause if you check it’s RtVariables fields they were not meant for new CsrActiveConfig modifications implemented in clover 3253-only settings regarding Mac Models( eg Board id, Serial number, Hardware UUID etc). Its author will need to fix this in new releases.

So use a property list editor eg PlistEditPro or even simple text editor-to save the file ( see uee3fc's guide on how to do this if you don’t know how -post #26 of this thread). When I upgraded to DP5 which is almost technically identical to Beta 3 -(DP5 build 15A235d, Beta 3 build 15A235e), I did not even move custom kexts from S/L/E –just used the CsrActiveConfig=0x67 flag and everything went smooth. Moving kexts to L/E is a good idea to confirm/test their permissions. Although I don’t think leaving them in S/L/E will prevent you from making a successful upgrade. Does permission drwxr-xr-x@ 3 have same effect as drwxr-xr-x 3 ?- can some tell me?

Anyway just back up everything on a separate disk just in case something happens and if it works you will still need to re-edit your config.plist file manually to change CsrActiveConfig stettings to re-enable SIP security-(CsrActiveConfig=0x00 for max SIP -cause CsrActiveConfig=0x65 ain’t safe )–check post # 48 courtesy of Toleda explaining how and why to do this. These are just my suggestion and I stand to be corrected.

By the way guys Apple just realeased OS X El Capitan Developer Beta 6- if you have a developers account download and start testing –guess Public Beta 4 might not be far away (assuming Apple intends to release one before the official launch date of the final GM)

Happy hacking

Hi mate.

Thanks for the detailed reply.

So I need to change CsrActiveConfig to 0x67 and then do the update.

After that I can change it back to 0x65

Is that correct?

Thanks again

Matt

both CsrActiveConfig=0x65 and CsrActiveConfig=0x67 will work for upgrade- although note that they both completely strip SIP -but still allow unsigned kexts to load in S/L/E ( you could also use CsrActiveConfig=0x3 which has better security and still allows upgrade by just allowing for editing/installation of kexts-see post # 30 from pbryanw on his successful upgrade using this flag ) - after successful upgrade- rebuild kernel cache , change back to 0x00 and reboot for full SIP protection restored

Excellent.

So I don't need to change booterconfig at all?

You say 0x65 will work for upgrade, so I can just leave it as it is as its on 0x65 anyway.

I didn't add that, clover did when I upgraded

Then run the upgrade then change it back to 0x00 after?
Thanks

yes you can leave CsrActiveConfig=0x65 there-just make sure your config.plist file has the section shown below saved for upgrade

<key>RtVariables</key>
<dict>
<string>0x67</string>
<key>BooterConfig</key>
<string>0x28</string>
</dict>

CsrActiveConfig=0x67, CsrActiveConfig=0x65 or CsrActiveConfig=0x3 should all work -though i would recommend CsrActiveConfig=0x3 for reason mentioned in the previous post. Do not change anything else!-leave BooterConfig=0x28

Thanks bud.

I'll let you no how I get on.

I hate being at work when there's fiddling to be done. Lol

Matt

Mat77303 -You will still need to manually set :

<key>RtVariables</key>
<dict>
<string>0x65</string>
<key>BooterConfig</key>
<string>0x28</string>
</dict>
Bad advice; do not use 0x65. Touch a kext, force a cache rebuild and no way to fix with 0x65.
Suggest 0x3 or 0x67 (NVRAM).

Mat77303-note correction from Toleda post # 69 about not using 0x65 and reasons why!

thanks Toleda for correction- thats how we learn and don't remain noobs

it looks like a no go here.

I've tried 0x3 and 0x67, when it reboots i select install OS X from my hdd on the clover loader, just sits where it would if there was no fakesmc.kext.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back