Contribute
Register

OS X El Capitan Public Beta 3 is Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
i read it again and now i got it

thanks

I need a little help. For some reason, when I enable SIP (with 0x00 flag), the system won't load my AppleIntelE1000e kext. It is in /L/E, along with FakeSMC, which loads normally. I've checked permissions and they seem to be fine, so I've run out of ideas of what might be preventing it from loading (since FakeSMC is loading normally).

Another weird problem is that, when SIP is enabled, I can't mount my EFI partition. Terminal says that msdosfs.kext has an invalid signature and therefore cannot be loaded. It is really weird, since this is a system kext (I think?). AppleKextExcludeList.kext too has an invalid signature, and along with msdosfs.kext they're the only two ones that show "Unknown" under the "Obtained From" field in System Information -> Extensions. If I turn SIP on, I can't disable it in config.plist since I can't access my EFI partition, so I need to boot through an USB installer.

Can anyone help?

Last edited:
have you tried mounting with clover configurator?

Yup, no success.

anor4k, you have to manually load AppleIntelE1000e.kext prior to running kextcache by kextload, as this command will only build the kext into the kernel, when it's loaded. I had this issue when I used kextcache in single mode. If it works, better call kextcache again after successful boot. BR, K.

Thanks karlson12. Do I run kextcache/kextload on single user mode? right before boot?

Success! I didn't even have to use kextcache/kextload. Just had to remove /S/L/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches and rebuild it using Kext Utility. The cache was the problem, after all.
EFI partition still won't mount, but now that everything is working smoothly, it won't be such a problem.

for those of you who might be confused about correct bootflags to set for CsrActiveConfig in your clover config.plist file when performing various tasks requiring enabling or disabling of SIP-you can refer to post #36 of this thread which provides an insight into the different levels of security associated with a particular flag-courtesy of Toleda-quote:

"Anything over 3 allows access to running processes, kernel, internals, debugging and finally, NVRAM.
65 and 67 are not valid and default to 64 hex (0x40); results in disabling every element of SIP.
3 allows loading of edited kexts (1) and kext editing/installation (2), less risk not more.
Use 3 for one boot to install edited kexts and rebuild kernel cache. Restart with 0 for working system with SIP fully enabled."

this helped me understand which flag to use,when to use it and why-hope it does the same for you

thanks

IMHO, misleading and factually incorrect.
Anything over 3 allows access to running processes, kernel, internals, debugging and finally, NVRAM.
65 and 67 are not valid and default to 64 hex (0x40); results in disabling every element of SIP.
3 allows loading of edited kexts (1) and kext editing/installation (2), less risk not more.
Use 3 for one boot to install edited kexts and rebuild kernel cache. Restart with 0 for working system with SIP fully enabled.

Wow, super sorry. I am a developer but simply didn't convert 64 from dec to hex. So in my mind 65 was 64+1 and 67 was 64+2+1 but I forgot I forgot about 0x (so its hexadecimal). Super-sorry for that. I am so very ashamed. :oops: Going to exile now. :cry:

no need to apologise ueer3fc- and do not go into exile please- we need your valuable contributions in this forum -e.g your excellent guide on upgrading from beta 2 to beta 3 has assisted many here make that transition and i personally have learnt a lot from you. life is a learning experience and everyone can make a slip

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back