Contribute
Register

OS X El Capitan Public Beta 3 is Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
CsrActiveConfig=0x3.
Tested.

I have kexts in s/l/e already from public beta 2 and was able to upgrade and fix audio with

Code:
[COLOR=#3E3E3E]<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#3E3E3E]<string>0x01</string>[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#3E3E3E]<key>BooterConfig</key>[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#3E3E3E]<string>0x28</string>[/COLOR]

Don't seem to have any problems. Not sure what BooterConfig does. This is clover ..53

interesting! what kind of audio do you have- Realtek?

I have kexts in s/l/e already from public beta 2 and was able to upgrade and fix audio with

Code:
[COLOR=#3E3E3E]<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#3E3E3E]<string>0x01</string>[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#3E3E3E]<key>BooterConfig</key>[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#3E3E3E]<string>0x28</string>[/COLOR]

Don't seem to have any problems. Not sure what BooterConfig does. This is clover ..53

0x1 is enough if you don't want to modify anything in protected directories just want to have some unsigned kexts in l/e or have them already placed in s/l/e.
0x3 allows unrestricted access to the protected parts of the filesystem which is not safe IMHO - use only if you really need it.
0x65 is the same as 0x1 but with nvram access restrictions disabled.
0x67 is the same as 0x3 but with nvram access restrictions disabled.

thanks ueer3fc for demystifying use of the various bootflags-will stick with 0x65-for security reasons-after all I guess dabbling with kexts is all we really need without exposing ourselves to malicious attacks from outsiders

PS. had to google what IMHO means -found -In My Humble Opinion

Hi
I have a problem to download El Capitan from app store.
At the first, the download has started, but then we remain without electricity an the OC was shutdown.
now i want to restart the download, but he say's is waiting.
It also ask me to redeem my mac, but i alredy redeem my PC.

Can someone help me with this?

I attached two screens of what is gonig on

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-08-01 at 16.21.29.png
    Screen Shot 2015-08-01 at 16.21.29.png
    187.9 KB · Views: 114
  • Screen Shot 2015-08-01 at 16.21.51.png
    Screen Shot 2015-08-01 at 16.21.51.png
    7.2 KB · Views: 96
0x1 is enough if you don't want to modify anything in protected directories just want to have some unsigned kexts in l/e or have them already placed in s/l/e.
0x3 allows unrestricted access to the protected parts of the filesystem which is not safe IMHO - use only if you really need it.
0x65 is the same as 0x1 but with nvram access restrictions disabled.
0x67 is the same as 0x3 but with nvram access restrictions disabled.
IMHO, misleading and factually incorrect.
Anything over 3 allows access to running processes, kernel, internals, debugging and finally, NVRAM.
65 and 67 are not valid and default to 64 hex (0x40); results in disabling every element of SIP.
3 allows loading of edited kexts (1) and kext editing/installation (2), less risk not more.
Use 3 for one boot to install edited kexts and rebuild kernel cache. Restart with 0 for working system with SIP fully enabled.

so correct me if i am wrong, Toleda-flags 0x65 and 0x67 have the same effect and both completely disable SIP? whereas 0x3 is essential and best suited for editing and loading unsigned kexts before rebooting ?

Just one other question-which flag would you recommend for future installation of el capitan updates assuming Apple does not radically change SIP?

thanks

interesting! what kind of audio do you have- Realtek?
Yeah, 898.

That's my understanding. I prefer to have as much SIP working as possible. What does it take to get kexts signed?

As for the boot flags, using google to help my weak brain
Code:
0x1 =0b0000001
0x3 =0b0000011
0x28=0b0101000
0x40=0b1000000
0x65=0b1100101
0x67=0b1100111
The question is how the thing parses them, I guess.

Can anyone help with upgrading to public beta 3? My App Store just restart without doing the downloading (let alone real upgrading) when I click "Upgrade". I tried to download a new copy (actually twice, one with a different App Store user ID) but the beta app seems identical to beta1 (the Info and version plist all dated July 3).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back