1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
El Capitan Public Beta 2 is Now Available

Screen Shot 2015-07-22 at 1.59.17 PM.jpg
Apple has just released the 2nd Public Beta of OS X El Capitan. If you've already installed the first beta, the update is available via the Mac App Store.

Enroll in the Free Apple Beta Software Program
https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/welcome

Related:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...s-x-el-capitan-public-beta-now-available.html

Anyone try this yet? Beta 1 has been pretty good for me, it's downloading as we speak

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-07-22 at 10.49.03 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-07-22 at 10.49.03 AM.png
    101.1 KB · Views: 330
Doesn't seem to load after restart for me. Nothing really obvious on the screen (bluetooth errors etc) - safeboot doesn't work either. Might be going back to Beta1 or Yosemite here

Neither here, Netherlands.

I'm getting a non-boot after installing the update as well. I've generally had great experiences updating "natively" using Clover on Yosemite but this one failed for me. Same as rgardner, cannot safe boot, can't boot to recovery, and can't boot using external thumb drive. Nothing interesting logged in verbose output. I reinstalled Beta 1 on top of my existing installation and that got it up and running again (without b2 updated obviously) but at least I didn't lose my setup completely. I will wait for some other people smarter than me to check it out.

Warning to those upgrading: This update may botch your install. If you need your machine for something critical I would wait on this one before jumping in :)

Uh oh. Maybe I'm lucky that the update is not available (same as with being lucky that I couldn't sync my songs with iCloud)...

Ended up restoring back to Yosemite using Timemachine - think I may wait on the sidelines for this Beta program...

Beta 2 is a non-boot for me as well. Beta 1 worked fine.

I see my network driver (1000e) failed to load and then a full screen complaining about "launchd Failed to remove directory dyld_shared_cache_x"

Don't install this on your Prod just yet ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back