Code:
[FONT=Menlo]       <key>RtVariables</key>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]        <dict>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                <key>BooterConfig</key>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                <string>0x28</string>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                <key>CsrActiveConfig</key>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                <string>0x03</string>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]        </dict>[/FONT]

You need to use the same above, not rootless=0 or kext-dev-mode=1!

If you read my post you will notice that I said I made the recommended changes to my config.plist, which are the changes you are suggesting.

No problems for me as yet. Smooth all the way!

Hi Guys!

I'm trying to make update from Yosemite to El Capitan, but I'm getting this - (screenshot).
View attachment 152989

i3 haswell
GA-H87M-D3H
GTX 760
works well with Yosemite.

I was trying to use different flags. And I copied kexts from 10.10 to 10.11. But nothing helps.

Please help. Thanks :)

I am attempting to upgrade from 10.10.5. I made the recommended config.plist changes that were suggested. Each time I boot into the install environment, I end up getting a the grey install screen with the beachball. I have tried (every permutation of inclusion or exclusion of the following): rootless=0, nv_disable=1 (even though I'm not running Nvidia's web drivers), kext-dev-mode=1. I have even tried disabling all but my Mac OS boot drive in UEFI. Arrgh! I should have waited!

I'm getting the same thing as you guys.
:crazy:

Mobo: Asus z97M-Plus
i5 4690
MSI 770 2GB

Hello, I have a API HD6850 video card, after boot from the installation menu, it shows a white screen.

Do does this mean I need a video kext?

I never had any luck with clover...I think it's because my bios is set up incorrectly. The guide doesn't go into bios settings.

I was using GM candidate and was offered ver 10.11.1 public beta in the app store. I updated to this beta on Sep22. Today when I want to download the official release, it said ver 10.11.1 is already installed in my computer. Anybody encountered this?

edited
My version after Sep22 update is OS X 10.11.1 (15B17c)

Hi!

Went through the process of updating from EL CAPITAN GM to final version.
Went smoothly (set RtVariables via clover, disable nv drivers during install).
Latest nvidia web drivers works ok.

Apple store now suggests to download beta 10,11,1 (which wasn't proposed in GM).
What's that??

Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3/Nvidia GT960 Web drivers

Hi!

Went through the process of updating from EL CAPITAN GM to final version.
Went smoothly (set RtVariables via clover, disable nv drivers during install).
Latest nvidia web drivers works ok.

Apple store now suggests to download beta 10,11,1 (which wasn't proposed in GM).
What's that??

Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3/Nvidia GT960 Web drivers

I was offered the same public beta on Sep 22 when I was using GM.
My version after Sep22 update is OS X 10.11.1 (15B17c)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-10-01 at 3.18.10 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-10-01 at 3.18.10 PM.png
    66.9 KB · Views: 166
Apple has just released OS X 10.11.1 beta 2 build 15B22c but it hasn't shown up yet in my app store.

Now I do not know if I should downgrade to the official release that I have just downloaded. Ha Ha.

Download is really slow :crazy:

I just now realized what's going on. I didn't realize app store did this but I just did some testing on it and sure enough it does.

If you are at computer, app store throttles download. Every time you surf web, or even open a game up or do anything at computer, download slows to a crawl. Every time i went afk i noticed it picked back up. Soon as I started using computer again it throttled again. So I kept going and returning and sure enough this is exactly what app store is doing. It only downloads fast if you LEAVE. I never knew this was a "feature" of app store. Especially one not documented anywhere or with an option to disable behavior.
It seems to be able to detect your cap too, so it could still go fast enough while throttled depending on your internet.

So TLDR, download going slow? LEAVE computer and see what happens. (and don't leave anything running that makes it think you still need that bandwidth either. Close stuff out and let app store know you are gone, not streaming netflix or something else.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back