Contribute
Register

OS X El Capitan is Now Available on the Mac App Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange thing happened to me... I've always did a clean install, but this time tried to run El Capitan installer "Install OS X El Capitan" on Yosemite. My hackintosh just restarted to Yosemite instead of updating to El Capitan. I'm on the latest Clover (r3270) build. Does anyone run into the same problem? :think:

Take a look here Direct Update to OS X El Capitan Using Clover

No not yet. Im waiting for 10.11 to download still. You will need to partially disable SIP i.e BooterConfig 0x28 & CsrActiveConfig 0x3

Okay, thanks bud. I'll try that. I'll probably leave Yosemite on this SSD and try it on my second HDD. I like to wait before downloading the latest OS cause they tend to have bugs in the first versions. Thanks.

Just updated from Yosemite to El Capitan successfully using Clover & App Store installer.

A few notes:

*After first reboot, there's a new install partition that needs to be booted into for the installation to continue.
*Had a kernel panic on the 2nd install stage. this was due to an old CalDigit USB 3.0 driver needed for a PCI-E USB card.
*Totalfinder no longer works due to SIP :(

Other than that, everything went smoothly. Before starting the installation of El Capitan, I made sure Nvidia Graphics were disabled in config.plist, and SIP was setup correctly (using same settings that jbamford gave).

I'm using these Nvidia Graphics Drivers successfully in El Capitan:
Nvidia Web Driver - 346.03.01b07

Pretty cool to have 2 apps open and share the entire screen. Makes me want to upgrade my monitors to a single larger monitor.

Screen Shot 2015-09-30 at 20.53.00.png

Same exact thing is happening for me, not sure how to get it working. Might have to just wait for unibeast

You have to choose the "Install OS X" partition that shows up in the Clover boot screen instead of your boot partition when restarting from installing El Cap direct from the App Store.

So I just successfully updated to El Capitan side from one issue. No sound. I used the CloverALC thing from here. Should I try reinstalling this?

Yes. Re-run the Clover Audio injection patch. Make sure to Mount EFI Partition and disable SIP.

Disabling SIP is done from the Recovery Partition, correct?

No. To your Config.plist add BooterConfig 0x28 & CsrActiveConfig 0x3 to Rt Variables section in your Config.plist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back