Contribute
Register

OS X El Capitan is Now Available on the Mac App Store

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys!

I'm trying to make update from Yosemite to El Capitan, but I'm getting this - (screenshot).
IMG_20151001_014908.jpg

i3 haswell
GA-H87M-D3H
GTX 760
works well with Yosemite.

I was trying to use different flags. And I copied kexts from 10.10 to 10.11. But nothing helps.

Please help. Thanks :)

I had several problems before finally I could update to El Capitan... :D (direct update from AppStore)
First, I missed to add CsrActiveConfig and BooterConfig entries to my Clover config.plist.
Second, I couldn't reach the installer because in my config file there was Timeout=0 and DefaultVolume=OSX set. So I just removed the "OSX" string and set Timeout to 10. After that, I could select and run the El Capitan installer without any trouble.
After the install is finished, all of the USB ports were broken, so I couldn't type in my login password... :-X
I had to remove 3rd party USB kext from the Clover EFI partition (worked previously under Yosemite) and delete my SSDT and DSDT from EFI as well.
A read some port blocking mechanism is going on under El Capitan, and probably I had different EHCI and XHCI names (IONameMatch) in my DSDT than what the system used.

Now USB2 ports are OK, USB3 ports are still dead but it's not a problem for a short period of time... At least I can use the OS and it's very fast! I need to change IONameMatch to match the USB 3.0 name in DSDT somehow, but I don't know how.

I also have some problems with my USB ports. The USB 3.0 ports are working, but my mouse which is connected to one of them stops randomly for a second or two and my external drive isn't working at all on USB 3.0. USB 2.0 ports are working fine.

I am stuck at a grey screen once the install finishes dumping text to the screen.
Just a grey screen with :beachball:

X99 works perfect with 10.11 using clover. using Clover to Patch Kernel i.e KernelHaswellE in Config.plist.

I cant install it due to the fact that i have Yosemite installed in a Partition inside a HD in MBR .. Every time i try it only tell me that th drive doesnt have the correct GUID or something like that.
I guess will wait... after all i installed Yosemite with Unibeast and Multibeast and then installed clover.

I am attempting to upgrade from 10.10.5. I made the recommended config.plist changes that were suggested. Each time I boot into the install environment, I end up getting a the grey install screen with the beachball. I have tried (every permutation of inclusion or exclusion of the following): rootless=0, nv_disable=1 (even though I'm not running Nvidia's web drivers), kext-dev-mode=1. I have even tried disabling all but my Mac OS boot drive in UEFI. Arrgh! I should have waited!

Last edited:
Hello, sorry, I'm kind of a noob to this, but I'm really trying, I copied over El Capitan install with the terminal command, installed Clover to the drive, added null cpu power management, fakesmc, and my ethernet Kexts to the drive and tried to boot. I'm getting KP for appleintelcpupowermanagament, idk what I'm doing wrong

Use the latest Clover Version and add this to your config:

Code:
[FONT=Menlo]       <key>RtVariables</key>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]        <dict>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                <key>BooterConfig</key>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                <string>0x28</string>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                <key>CsrActiveConfig</key>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]                <string>0x03</string>[/FONT]
[FONT=Menlo]        </dict>[/FONT]

I am attempting to upgrade from 10.10.5. I made the recommended config.plist changes that were suggested. Each time I boot into the install environment, I end up getting a the grey install screen with the beachball. I have tried (every permutation of inclusion or exclusion of the following): rootless=0, nv_disable=1 (even though I'm not running Nvidia's web drivers), kext-dev-mode=1. I have even tried disabling all but my Mac OS boot drive in UEFI. Arrgh! I should have waited!
You need to use the same above, not rootless=0 or kext-dev-mode=1!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back