Contribute
Register

OS X El Capitan Installer Downloaded from Apple Site is Incomplete?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Omg your a legend!! I missed the FakeSMC now its installing yose!

i have also same problem can any one help me pls

I tried with the clock at local time, and there hasnt been any other El Capitan installers installed as i did a complete OS refresh to make sure theres nothing i did following other forums etc. Process followed so far...

-iBoot then Loaded SL OEM disk
-Formatted the HDD and did a fresh install
-Installed 10.6.8 Combo Update
-Downloaded El Capitan.dmg from the apple support link which gave me the installMacOSC.pkg (https://support.apple.com/kb/HT201372)
-Run MultiBeast only checking the EasyBeast setup so it was just the basic stuff installed
-Rebooted
-Run UniBeast (encountered the incomplete error)
-Set Date and Time to 2015
-Tried
Open Terminal​
Type: cd Desktop​
Type: mkdir -p "_MASReceipt"​
Type: echo -e '\000com.apple.InstallAssistant.ElCapitan' > _MASReceipt/receipt​
Go to your Desktop and copy the "_MASReceipt" folder.​
Open Finder, right click your Installation application, and click "Show Package Contents"​
Open Contents​
Copy the "_MASReceipt" folder into the Contents directory.​
-Tried this (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...cted-mac-os-x-installer-is-incomplete.249330/) and edited for El Capitan
-error from terminal unable to find the .app
hy I did as you say but the problem is when Unibeast always freezes on boot loader installing pls need help

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-04-09 at 21.41.28.png
    Screenshot 2020-04-09 at 21.41.28.png
    218.7 KB · Views: 62
you didnt follow the option 3 if your using unibeast, please re-read the article and look for option 3, its a terminal based build, so you will need to use Clover Installer to load the Legacy boot EFI as well as load the Kexts and EFI files that you need.

Hi @amonmon if you arent will to read the guide or any of the previous thread i wont help. Sorry to be blunt but i am a complete novice as you, yet everything is in that guide as well as previous pages of this thread, you have to do your research and learn.

Just because i felt bad with the above below is the basic steps one last time:

1: follow the guide (option 3) - above
2: Download a version of Clover EFi from this sites download section, install legacy efi to the USB drive you have made
3: add in fakesmc.kext again downloadable from this site in the kexts section and add it to the efi/clover/kexts/other folder

make sure if you have an UEFI bios that you allow both legacy and UEFI to make sure you can see the loader, you can use UEFI but i sometimes find the path gets corrupt and its a bugger to fix through shell.

I cant really offer anymore advice than this as i dont know much more, still learning myself and still trying to get a successful Mojave install

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back