Contribute
Register

OS X Driver for NVMe M.2 Solid State Drives Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
@kaiyes

I've managed to install Sierra onto the Intel 600P SSD NVME with KextPatches. However. I'd like to use RehabMan script to get a working kext.

@RehabMan
Maybe I'm doing something wrong, or overlooked something stupidly.

Here's the output when I am trying to generate the kext for 10.12.1:

Your 'cp' binary is broken.

Got it! uninstalled homebrew coreutils and it works fine now! TY for the great work.

hey thanks for letting me know @forrestgumpx. guess I will pick up one for the next build. Could you please detail the process?

hey thanks for letting me know @forrestgumpx. guess I will pick up one for the next build. Could you please detail the process?
@forrestgumpx yes please let us know the details on getting a vanilla installer to recognize your 600p.
I think the hardest part is getting the right PCI vendor and device-id

Thanks in advance!

thanks for all the info @RehabMan got everything up and work

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-11-24 at 2.54.53 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-11-24 at 2.54.53 AM.png
    164.2 KB · Views: 226

@forrestgumpx yes please let us know the details on getting a vanilla installer to recognize your 600p.
I think the hardest part is getting the right PCI vendor and device-id

Thanks in advance!

As Rehabman stated, a vanilla usb installer for Sierra can't be made, "Use the correct patches in config.plist KextsToPatch".

However, I tried to use the generated HackrNVMeFamily.kext but it doesn't work. The system hangs during bootup and restarts. I guess I have to get the right vendor- & device-id. Of which I have no clue how to do that.

Last edited:
GA-Z170X-UD5
install Sierra 10.12.1 on ssd Success
I like install on M2 ssd Samsung 950 pro
try to patch (RehabMan) many time, but every time have kernel panic

please someone patche for me

Thanks

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    2.2 KB · Views: 97
If it's the NVMe version than it's a no-go. I've tried as well with the same drive and no luck. Only SATA3 and ahci works not nvme. Somehow somebody got it working but it was maybe 10.12 and no idea the exact configuration.

GA-Z170X-UD5
install Sierra 10.12.1 on ssd Success
I like install on M2 ssd Samsung 950 pro
try to patch (RehabMan) many time, but every time have kernel panic

please someone patche for me

Thanks

To add I tried on a Samsung PM951 NVMe as well. I don't own a SM951 to try. That's an older drive and I think not sold any more.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back