Contribute
Register

OS X Driver for NVMe M.2 Solid State Drives Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious if anyone has tried a native Apple NVMe drive in an M.2 adapter? Would that work out of the box without an additional driver?

Great news, well done! Ignorant question: Will it be possible in the future to create a patch that will *also* create an appropriate SSDT together with the regular hacknvme kext? Or something else to facilitate the process for the non experts.

Probably easier to create a script that makes the necessary entries in config.plist/Devices/Arbitrary based on EFI/Clover/misc/preboot.log. But I wasn't planning to do anything like that right away.

Making those entries manually is pretty basic (as is the SSDT creation process really...). Don't give up before you try.

first build really struggling to figure the nvme kext procedure Toshiba rd440

thanks @RehabMan for the link I've gotten that far I'm on 10.12.1 on another sata ssd I'm just trying to get my m2 to boot drive from what I can pick up I'm making a kext file in terminal patching to efi config plist I'm not uber familiar with hackintoshs and the work arounds thanks

thanks @RehabMan for the link I've gotten that far I'm on 10.12.1 on another sata ssd I'm just trying to get my m2 to boot drive from what I can pick up I'm making a kext file in terminal patching to efi config plist I'm not uber familiar with hackintoshs and the work arounds thanks

If you're not booting from the NVMe drive, it makes it easier, as you can make mistakes without making your system unbootable.

- generate HackrNVMeFamily with patch_nvme.sh script
- modify it as I mention in the IM post (changing the IOPCIClassMatch in Info.plist)
- install it (if you reboot now, it still will not load and will not conflict with IONVMeFamily)
- decide if you're going to use config.plist/Devices/Arbitrary or SSDT
- as I mention in the post, you can use Windows to determine the ACPI path of your SSDT, and will probably be able to use the SSDT I provided as a template for creating your own (it can depend...)
- it is a bit easier to use /Devices/Arbitrary as long as you realize the consequences (any config.plist/Graphics/Inject you're using will be broken, and you'll need to do it another way)

NVMe is a bad choice for those that are novices and unwilling to learn...

@RehabMan thanks for all the info makes much more sense now I'm cool with figuring this out

@kaiyes
There is a taiwanese person who were able to get the 600p up and running with pike's patch. I am currently having a
conversation with him to see if he can shade some light on it.
View attachment 219507

I've managed to install Sierra onto the Intel 600P SSD NVME with KextPatches. However. I'd like to use RehabMan script to get a working kext.

@RehabMan
Maybe I'm doing something wrong, or overlooked something stupidly.

Here's the output when I am trying to generate the kext for 10.12.1:
iMac:patch-nvme.git forrestgump$ ./patch_nvme.sh 10_12_1

Creating patched HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_1.kext

cp: invalid option -- 'X'

Try 'cp --help' for more information.

mv: cannot stat 'HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_1.kext/Contents/MacOS/IONVMeFamily': No such file or directory

md5: HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_1.kext/Contents/MacOS/HackrNVMeFamily: No such file or directory

WARNING: Vanilla MD5 () does not match expected MD5 (78d587a16e5736b563a175fbf8707372)

File cannot be found

File cannot be found

File cannot be found

File cannot be found

File cannot be found

File cannot be found

File cannot be found

File cannot be found

File cannot be found

File cannot be found

File cannot be found

File cannot be found

File cannot be found

File cannot be found

File cannot be found

File cannot be found

Print: Entry, ":CFBundleGetInfoString", Does Not Exist

Parse Error: Unclosed Quotes

Value Required for Set Command

Print: Entry, ":CFBundleVersion", Does Not Exist

Print: Entry, ":CFBundleShortVersionString", Does Not Exist

File Doesn't Exist, Will Create: HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_1.kext/Contents/Info.plist

File Doesn't Exist, Will Create: HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_1.kext/Contents/Info.plist

Set: Entry, ":IOKitPersonalities:GenericNVMeSSD:IOProbeScore", Does Not Exist

Set: Entry, ":CFBundleIdentifier", Does Not Exist

Set: Entry, ":CFBundleName", Does Not Exist

Set: Entry, ":CFBundleExecutable", Does Not Exist

Set: Entry, ":IOKitPersonalities:GenericNVMeSSD:CFBundleIdentifier", Does Not Exist

Set: Entry, ":IOKitPersonalities:GenericNVMeSSD:IOClass", Does Not Exist

Set: Entry, ":IOKitPersonalities:GenericNVMeSSD:IOPCIClassMatch", Does Not Exist

md5: HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_1.kext/Contents/MacOS/HackrNVMeFamily: No such file or directory

WARNING: Patched MD5 () does not match expected MD5 (291b7e63764598ac8052c8a363964cb8)

iMac:patch-nvme.git forrestgump$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back