Contribute
Register

OS X Driver for NVMe M.2 Solid State Drives Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I now also BOOT off of NVME m.2? I'm considering a build with the ROG rampage iii hero and the Samsung 950 Pro 512 GB
Yes. See how I did it in my Gene build description (link in signature block).

YOU, SIR, ARE GENIUS! Thank you!

Have you benchmarked? How snappy does it feel day-to-day use?
Benchmarked it? Not really. It is what it is as far as I'm concerned. Feels snappy loading apps...like Puff! :)

When installing this kext into System/Library/Extensions, on a reboot the entire computer crashes in a restart loop. Does this kext only work if Mac is running on an NVMe SSD? Because my system runs Hackintosh on a SATA SSD then Windows on the NVMe 950 Pro SSD. NVMeGeneric.kext worked perfectly in El Capitan. Is there any way to make it work on Sierra? I don't need to boot Hackintosh to an NVMe drive I just need it to recognize devices without my computer crashing.

Thank you for the elucidations. But how am I supposed to update to say, 10.12.1 when it comes out? I won't be able to boot to patch... So... ????

Thank you for the elucidations. But how am I supposed to update to say, 10.12.1 when it comes out? I won't be able to boot to patch... So... ????

You use the older HackrNVMeFamily (and delete IONVMeFamily temporarily) until a patch can be created for the new kext.

I googled and searched this forum about the compatibility of the Intel 600P M.2 NVME, but with no results.

It has a good price/performance ratio. Will it work with a hackintosh? Will clover pick it up?

I have TRIM enabled on the M.2 NVMe Samsung 950 in my Gene build. (Actually, using the Apple trimforce command, all SSDs will be using TRIM.) Unless a SSD's manufacturer's recommends not to use TRIM, it's almost implied that you'll be using TRIM to maintain the SSD(s).
I thought I read the NVMe had it's own TRIM capability and that's why I never enabled it. I just did.

I've been running the drive since June without TRIM. Will whatever performance decrease that caused be taken care of on its own now?

Toshiba OCZ RD400 Series Solid State Drive PCIe NVMe M.2
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01G3HLP0C/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

does it supported?

i think i just rash to purchase it.

i notice that all use samsung 950 m.2

should i try more to install os x to current NVMe M.2
because its not show up in Disk Utility.

i tried to use NVMe driver but no change happen.

some advice here plz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back