Contribute
Register

OS X Driver for NVMe M.2 Solid State Drives Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link repaired. Thanks, Rehabman, for discovering the link had changed.

You cannot create a 10.11.6 kext on a system running 10.11.6. It is quite clear in the README:

I thought i had to specify the OS version that i wanted the kext to be installed on rather than the version i was creating the kext from. My bad!

I thought i had to specify the OS version that i wanted the kext to be installed on rather than the version i was creating the kext from. My bad!

Note: Typo in my post fixed.

I'm having the same issue with my Samsung 950 Pro. Installed El Capitan on it, able to boot off it, and everything is good, except that is shows as an external volume. I referred to post #401 (http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/o...e-drives-released.181387/page-41#post-1317234) but this doesn't seem to have the solution. Could someone refer me to the correct post that does describe how to set the disk as an internal volume?

I like to do it with a very simple SSDT...

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Also, attach EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin/DSDT.aml as ZIP (press F4 in Clover to get it).

I like to do it with a very simple SSDT...

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Also, attach EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin/DSDT.aml as ZIP (press F4 in Clover to get it).

Thanks for the quick response! DSDT.aml and ioreg are attached. Also, thanks for everything you've done for the community. Your posts/guides/tools have been a huge help to me since my first build a couple years ago.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml.zip
    15 KB · Views: 108
  • DTM-MacPro.zip
    997.9 KB · Views: 140
Thanks for the quick response! DSDT.aml and ioreg are attached. Also, thanks for everything you've done for the community. Your posts/guides/tools have been a huge help to me since my first build a couple years ago.

All I had to do for my desktop was add an ACPI identity that matches the location of the PCI device. Nothing else was needed.

As can be seen from ioreg (and DSDT), your SSD is connected at _SB.PCI0.PEG1:
- the PEG1@1,1 (in IOService) corresponds to Device (PEG1) and _ADR=0x00010001
- all PCI devices are usually under PCI0 (as confirmed in DSDT)
- PCI0 is usually in scope _SB (as confirmed in DSDT, and IOACPIPlane of ioreg)

This should be all you need:
Code:
//SSDT-NVMe.dsl 
// add an ACPI identity for built-in NVMe SSD at _SB.PCI0.PEG1.SSD0
DefinitionBlock("", "SSDT", 2, "hack", "nvme", 0)
{
    External(_SB.PCI0.PEG1, DeviceObj)
    Scope(_SB.PCI0.PEG1)
    {
        Device(SSD0)
        {
            Name(_ADR, Zero)
        }
    }
}
//EOF

Copy it to a new document in MaciASL, then save as SSDT-NVMe.aml (format ACPI Machine Language Binary).
Then copy to EFI/CloverACPI/patched (on your EFI partition).
If you're using config.plist/ACPI/SortedOrder, make sure it refers to this file (otherwise it won't load).

All I had to do for my desktop was add an ACPI identity that matches the location of the PCI device. Nothing else was needed.

As can be seen from ioreg (and DSDT), your SSD is connected at _SB.PCI0.PEG1:
- the PEG1@1,1 (in IOService) corresponds to Device (PEG1) and _ADR=0x00010001
- all PCI devices are usually under PCI0 (as confirmed in DSDT)
- PCI0 is usually in scope _SB (as confirmed in DSDT, and IOACPIPlane of ioreg)

This should be all you need:
Code:
//SSDT-NVMe.dsl
// add an ACPI identity for built-in NVMe SSD at _SB.PCI0.PEG1.SSD0
DefinitionBlock("", "SSDT", 2, "hack", "nvme", 0)
{
    External(_SB.PCI0.PEG1, DeviceObj)
    Scope(_SB.PCI0.PEG1)
    {
        Device(SSD0)
        {
            Name(_ADR, Zero)
        }
    }
}
//EOF

Copy it to a new document in MaciASL, then save as SSDT-NVMe.aml (format ACPI Machine Language Binary).
Then copy to EFI/CloverACPI/patched (on your EFI partition).
If you're using config.plist/ACPI/SortedOrder, make sure it refers to this file (otherwise it won't load).

Worked like a charm. Thanks again!

Any Body in the Forum have an Intel SSD NVMe that worked with the HackrNVMeFamily-*.kext, couse I can only make mine work with GenericNVMe kext. appriciate the info.

trying Hackintosh Built using Intel SSD DC P3600 1.6TB

Any Body in the Forum have an Intel SSD NVMe that worked with the HackrNVMeFamily-*.kext, couse I can only make mine work with GenericNVMe kext. appriciate the info.

trying Hackintosh Built using Intel SSD DC P3600 1.6TB

It may not be compatible with Pike's patches (just guessing, since you provide no information).
A large SSD like that quite likely uses a block size larger than 512 bytes (may use same block size as Apple's SSDs... 4096 bytes).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back