Contribute
Register

OS X Driver for NVMe M.2 Solid State Drives Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I had the same dilemma. I went with the much "slower" 850 Pro because I couldn't stand the green. You might want to check out the Kingston HyperX Predator. It's a slightly-dated PCIe 2.0 M.2 drive. And it's black. :)
I don't really know the Kingston and I did not see many people talking about it here.
I ordered the sm951 AHCI and I will find a good heatsink. That's will be a good thing because m2 drives can be really hot, even I put the heatsink for the look!!!
We can find small heatsinks for cheap, in aluminium or cooper.

I don't really know the Kingston and I did not see many people talking about it here.
I ordered the sm951 AHCI and I will find a good heatsink. That's will be a good thing because m2 drives can be really hot, even I put the heatsink for the look!!!
We can find small heatsinks for cheap, in aluminium or cooper.

That's a good idea, just be careful it doesn't touch the PCB, don't want to short anything out.

config.plist patch works
post-67982-0-91932200-1467258363.jpg

config.plist patch works
View attachment 201305
So, the steps are, first, to update the config.plist with Pike's patch, and, second, move the NVMeGeneric.kext out of the .../kext/10.11/ folder to the desktop (and then trashing the version left behind). Then, reboot.

Did you have to clear caches before or using the Clover boot screen option to boot with rebuilt caches?

So, the steps are, first, to update the config.plist with Pike's patch, and, second, move the NVMeGeneric.kext out of the .../kext/10.11/ folder to the desktop (and then trashing the version left behind). Then, reboot.

Did you have to clear caches before or using the Clover boot screen option to boot with rebuilt caches?
nope did what you said and rebooted not rebuilding of cache.

Can this patch also fix sleep/shutdown problem?
If the sleep/shutdown problem was caused by NVMeGeneric.kext, then removing that will fix it. It fixed my shutdown problem.

I don't use sleep/wake because wake causes my Thunderbolt 3 controller's USB controller ports to spam the system log with errors (AppleUSBXHCIPCI).

this patch in config.plist work from me! I don't delay when return from sleep! beautifull (950 PRO 256GB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back