Contribute
Register

OS X Driver for NVMe M.2 Solid State Drives Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I have the Macvidcards NVME kext installed, I cannot make my machine go to sleep. The screen turns black to go in stand-by, but that's all, the computer doesn't go to sleep. In the console, the report says system sleep was prevented by H000. That H000 device through the IORegistry app is reported to be the NVME drive. I can't figure out why this is preventing the machine to go to sleep. Any help would be much appreciated.

Hello guys,

I have a crazy problem with my nvme driver and my asus x99 ws-e 3.1

So I download the nvmeGeneric.kext and here is the resume of the situation:
I have 2 drives with 2 different installation of yosemite

1)yosemite install with clover:

I put the nvmeGeneric.kext in EFI/Clover/kexts/10.10
the system freezes when I try to open the session.

2)yosemite install with unibeast/multibeast(no clover as bootloader)

I put the nvmeGeneric.kext in S/L/E
the finder freezes if I try to open it, the rest is ok
BUT if I open a invited user session, everything works perfectly! which I found really weird!

Since I have the Macvidcards NVME kext installed, I cannot make my machine go to sleep. The screen turns black to go in stand-by, but that's all, the computer doesn't go to sleep. In the console, the report says system sleep was prevented by H000. That H000 device through the IORegistry app is reported to be the NVME drive. I can't figure out why this is preventing the machine to go to sleep. Any help would be much appreciated.

this kext doesn't support sleep.

this kext doesn't support sleep.

Thanks man, that's what I thought earlier. But as I am a bit stubborn, I did some investigations and finally found a possible fix. It has to do with a device fix in the DSDT. I want to fine tune it before sharing as there are still some stuffs to fix like; the NVME drive doesn't mount properly after wake (randomly), or sometimes take about 10-15 seconds to mount again and same various things.

Thanks man, that's what I thought earlier. But as I am a bit stubborn, I did some investigations and finally found a possible fix. It has to do with a device fix in the DSDT. I want to fine tune it before sharing as there are still some stuffs to fix like; the NVME drive doesn't mount properly after wake (randomly), or sometimes take about 10-15 seconds to mount again and same various things.

you're welcome! :)
Please keep me posted, even in PM. I'm quite interested as this kext is not reliable at all. Many of us are also experiencing not proper shutdown (my case! :banghead: ) or even panic at shutdown/restart, or other restart issues.
Plus the version of kext is dated December 2015 and it has never updated ... so ... :roll2:

I'm also thinking of reverting back at an AHCI SSD till some positive news are not showing up!

Hello guys,

I have a crazy problem with my nvme driver and my asus x99 ws-e 3.1

So I download the nvmeGeneric.kext and here is the resume of the situation:
I have 2 drives with 2 different installation of yosemite

1)yosemite install with clover:

I put the nvmeGeneric.kext in EFI/Clover/kexts/10.10
the system freezes when I try to open the session.

From the NVMe driver FAQs:
Q: What version of OS X does this driver support?

A: 10.11

@stork:

Yes indeed, they say 10.11, but I used this nvme driver on an other hackintosh with 10.10 and it worked perfectly

what I don't understand is the fact that it worked if I open an "invited user" session.

@mchis

yes I tried with NvmExpressDxe-64.efi in EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back