Contribute
Register

OS X Driver for NVMe M.2 Solid State Drives Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I bought the Sedna adapter and I still have the same issue. I've done everything the same as you and my board is basically the same. It's the Gigabyte z97 Gaming 7.

You're not using the SATA cable with it our anything like that right?

Would you mind sharing your EFI config.plist so I could compare to mine. Also my SMBIOS is iMac14,2. How about you.

>>Would you mind sharing your EFI config.plist so I could compare to mine. Also my SMBIOS is iMac14,2. How about you.

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    2.2 KB · Views: 106
I'm not sure what happened, but here is the missing text from post#177.

My SMBIOS is MacPro3,1. Although If I remember correctly it was iMac 14,x before I ran MultiBeast.

My config.plist is attached. It is from folder /EFI/CLOVER on the EFI partition.

I do not use a SATA cable with the PCI-E adapter. I believe that cable is only needed when using a "B" keyed M.2 drive in the adapter.

Good luck. I hope this help.

I reviewed yours and the main differences are our SMBios. I used to be a MacPro3,1 and had the same issue though so... Besides that I have darkwake=10 but I just tried removing that with no luck. Am I missing something from what you see? The rest looks the same to me....

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.5 KB · Views: 213
I will take a look at your config.plist compared to mine. I have to admit that much of that file is above my skill level.
I'll also look again for any other differences in our systems.

>>I reviewed yours and the main differences are our SMBios. I used to be a MacPro3,1 and had the same issue though so... Besides that I have darkwake=10 but I just tried removing that with no luck. Am I missing something from what you see? The rest looks the same to me....<<

Do you have the Sedna adapter installed in the PCIEX16 slot?
Are there any other PCI cards installed on your MB?

I have a GTX 980TI in another and the osxwifi Bluetooth card. But without the gfx card jm pretty certain I have same issue.

On my system, the Samsung Drive & Sedna adapter combo will only work when connected to the slot labeled PCIEX16. I do not have any other PCI cards installed.

Also, don't forget that if your PCIEX8 or PCIEX4 slot is also populated, your Samsung drive will not be operating at it's full speed.

Quoted from the GA-Z97X-Gaming 7 user's manual:
The PCIEX8 slot shares bandwidth with the PCIEX16 slot. When the PCIEX8 slot is
populated, the PCIEX16 slot will operate at up to x8 mode.
The PCIEX4 slot shares bandwidth with the PCIEX8 and PCIEX16 slots. When the
PCIEX4 slot is populated, the PCIEX16 slot will operate at up to x8 mode and the
PCIEX8 will operate at up to x4 mode.

I have a GTX 980TI in another and the osxwifi Bluetooth card. But without the gfx card jm pretty certain I have same issue.

So i'm basically screwed lol :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back