Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3
CPU
i7 6700k
Graphics
MSI Radeon RX 480 Gaming X 8G & Intel HD
I've been running the hackintosh with NVMe and windows 10 dual boot for +-2 weeks now without problems!

Unfortunately I've hit another "problem". At the moment I have 2 SSD's connected, 1 m.2 NVMe SSD (OSX) and 1 SATA SSD (windows10). Last week I wanted to put my 2 sata HDD's from my windows PC in the hackintosh (no OS on those HDD's, just data). And noticed that only 2/6 sata ports are working (port 4&5). I've tested all 3 drives, and they all work as long as they are in one of those ports. The problem is, I have 3 SATA drives to connect (and maybe more in the future) and only 2 working ports.

I found some topics that stated that sometimes SATA ports get disabled when using a specific M2 port, so I went in the manual of the motherboard and came across these tables (image attached). My M2 drive is in port: M2D_32G and only port 4&5 are working, so according to the manual my M2 SSD is an PCIe x4 SSD.

It also shows, when an PCIe x4 SSD is connected to the M2A_32G port all SATA ports will still work. However.. when creating the
SSDT-NVMe-Pcc.aml file I entered the ACPI path to the drive in port M2D_32G, so plugging it into the A port and booting will probably fail I guess.

My question is, is there and easy fix for this problem without having to reinstall OSX? And is there a difference in the ports? Less r/w speeds or something?

I also have windows running on a separate SSD, so I could connect the M2 SSD to the M2A_32G port, boot in windows and check the ACPI path for the M2A port. But I guess I can't edit the SSDT-NVMe-Pcc.aml file without booting into OSX. Or should I edit my .aml file of the installer USB, boot via USB and then replace the .aml file on the SSD efi/clover/acpi/patched ?

Attachments

• m2 sata layout.jpg
    m2 sata layout.jpg
    475.1 KB · Views: 149
Motherboard
Asus ROG Maximus IX HERO
CPU
Intel I7 7700K
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 630
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Motherboard
z390 Designare
CPU
i9 9900k 5ghz
Graphics
Vega64
Classic Mac
  1. Performa
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Just wanted to point out that the Samsung 950 PRO M.2 NVME SSD (256 GB Version) is working perfectly with my skylake i7 configuration (see signature!).

Here's what I did:

• Placed nvme-driver1.kext into my os x install drive under clover/kexts/other (equals /kexts/10.11)
  • booted to 10.11.4 installer without problems -> disk utility sees m.2 SSD as MinnowStor Samsung SSD -> just a normal formatting procedure
  • installed in no time (really fast even compared to a traditional sata SSD)
  • that's it (don't forget post-install procedures:D)

Also sleep is working perfectly and shutdown doesn't cause kernel panics as some people have reported before!

I couldn't be happier!

PS.: I updated my Bios from F2 to F6, but it is not a necessity for it to work..

Can you please tell me how did you initialized your dive because mine appear Uninitialized in disk utility?

Motherboard
Z270X-Gaming 5
CPU
i7 7700k
Graphics
AMD
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I like to do it with a very simple SSDT...

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Also, attach EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin/DSDT.aml as ZIP (press F4 in Clover to get it).
Hi RehabMan,

First, thanks for the great patch.

I tried to mess with IOReg to create the DSDT, but I wasn't able to find the correct reference.

Attached my IOReg report. Can you help me with a customised DSDT?

The second folder which you asked about, /clover/acpi/origin is empty.

Thanks
Eran

Attachments

• enm2.zip
    873.1 KB · Views: 75
Motherboard
Asus Maximus X Formula
CPU
i7 8700K
Graphics
VEGA
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Do Samsung 960 Pro NVMe work too?

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Motherboard
Asus Hero X AC WiFi
CPU
i7-8086K
Graphics
Sapphire NITRO+ RX VEGA64 8G HBM2
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey RehbMan.
First, thank you for everything you do for this community!

Question:

I've followed the instructions and got my 960 EVO to be bootable and be used as my main drive after using this guide http://www.win-raid.com/t871f16-Gui...rt-for-all-Systems-with-an-AMI-UEFI-BIOS.html as my Mobo doesn't support NVMe natively.

As you can see in the screenshots, I don't know which app to believe. What is my real speed? :)
Screen Shot 2017-03-03 at 13.14.30.png Screen Shot 2017-03-03 at 13.14.37.png Screen Shot 2017-03-03 at 13.14.40.png

I'm using this adapter card:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M7MPU9J/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey RehbMan.
First, thank you for everything you do for this community!

Question:

I've followed the instructions and got my 960 EVO to be bootable and be used as my main drive after using this guide http://www.win-raid.com/t871f16-Gui...rt-for-all-Systems-with-an-AMI-UEFI-BIOS.html as my Mobo doesn't support NVMe natively.

As you can see in the screenshots, I don't know which app to believe. What is my real speed? :)
View attachment 239426 View attachment 239427 View attachment 239428

I'm using this adapter card:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M7MPU9J/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

I don't see any issue. Both speeds seem comparable.

Status
Not open for further replies.