Contribute
Register

OS X Driver for NVMe M.2 Solid State Drives Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try this zip file. I created it from terminal.
I now see the internal drive. I changed the BIOS setting from Raid to AHCI.

I am still have problem with sleep/wake. When the computer wakes up, it hangs shortly. I was able to access the terminal. When I typed in any command, it said device not found. Could you take a quick look? Thanks.

I now see the internal drive. I changed the BIOS setting from Raid to AHCI.

Then your drive is not NVMe in the first place...

I am still have problem with sleep/wake. When the computer wakes up, it hangs shortly. I was able to access the terminal. When I typed in any command, it said device not found. Could you take a quick look? Thanks.

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Then your drive is not NVMe in the first place...

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Here the zip file with Clover and command outputs. Thanks.

Attachments

• ioreg_clover_kext_out.zip
    7.2 MB · Views: 81
Here the zip file with Clover and command outputs. Thanks.

This ioreg shows HackrNVMeFamily loaded just fine. Maybe RAID setting in BIOS disables the NVMe drive.

Your sleep problem should be taken to a separate thread in the appropriate forum.
This forum is for desktops.

I, too, updated via AppStore and am at version 16B2555. As you requested, I am uploading the HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_1.kext that patch-nvme created to see if it differs from the version you made on your test machines.
Thanks in advance for your assistance!

I, too, updated via AppStore and am at version 16B2555. As you requested, I am uploading the HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_1.kext that patch-nvme created to see if it differs from the version you made on your test machines.
Thanks in advance for your assistance!

HackrNVMeFamily_10_12_1.kext not requested.
Request was for vanilla IONVMeFamily from 16B2555.

oopsy-daisy

The patches are the same for both builds (16B2555 and 16B2657)
I added a plist just for this one with only changed md5 sums.

I plan on giving the 950 Pro a go shortly, looks like I mangled the boot USB image. After a clover bootscreen for the installer it locks up (giving the verbose load) at loading AppleLegacyUSB. in fact it doesn't even finish typing the name on the screen before locking up. I'll try rebuilding a generic (no nvme kext) to see if the thing can even boot on my setup.

Anyway I'll open an new thread to not trail the topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back