Graphics
GTX TITAN X
Mac
iMac, MacBook, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Apple, LC, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
I didn't know that. Need to have a look!
Nevertheless, I am using a PCI-express adaptor, not the m.2 port on the MoBo. And somehow it worked without a problem until I installed clover to the M.2.
Right, you said that in an older post. Since we're talking Z97 then I don't know for sure. How are the 1TB storage drives different than the SSD? Just the presence of an EFI partition? What if you mark the EFI partition on the SSD as a different kind of partition and/or rename the EFI folder on the EFI partition on the SSD?

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97x-UDH5
CPU
i5 4690K
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 980Ti Windforce
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Right, you said that in an older post. Since we're talking Z97 then I don't know for sure. How are the 1TB storage drives different than the SSD? Just the presence of an EFI partition? What if you mark the EFI partition on the SSD as a different kind of partition and/or rename the EFI folder on the EFI partition on the SSD?
This was my thinking also, somehow I think I should delete the additional "boot-devices" confusing the bios.
I will give it a try when I don't need the machine so urgently! Need to complete few projects, and don't want the problems before I am done :)

Motherboard
MSI Z97S SLI PLUS
CPU
Core i7-4770K
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 780 GHZ Edition
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Booting 10.11.6 using RehabMan's patched kext with a 950 PRO 512GB. Flawless! 2.4GB/s read, 1.5GB/s write.
Using it with the OS X installer also worked well.

Has anyone found an temperature monitor that works with NVMe?

Motherboard
MSI Z97S SLI PLUS
CPU
Core i7-4770K
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 780 GHZ Edition
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
firstEncounter where did you put RehabMans Patch to allow you to boot from the 950 Pro ?
I have mine working well but booting from an EFI on a SSD.
The HWMonitor from Clover works well for me for temps etc.
Thank you
I simply put the HackrNVMeFamily kext in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11/ folder.

Intel 750 owner here with 2.5" drive. Is using U2/M2 rather than pci-e slot any more problematic, and does the drive also boot quite slow like on Windows? Was also wondering how harsh the performance penalty is, considering the drive seems to be near spec speed on Windows without the Intel nvme driver.

Motherboard
Asus Rampage V 10 edition
CPU
i7-5960X
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Mac
iMac, Mac Pro
how can i remove the orange icon after install nvme hack

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
how can i remove the orange icon after install nvme hack
There is a Clover patch for external icons, but you can also fix it by adding an ACPI identity for the PCI device (a bit advanced).