RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Screen Shot 2016-05-01 at 9.28.31 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-07-16 at 3.19.15 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-07-16 at 3.29.03 PM.png
The HackrNVMeFamily-10.11.5 kext worked so well for me! It got the 950 to show up under system report NVMExpress which allowed trim to be enabled which is huge. It also stopped the shutdown/restart bug and it fixed the wake from sleep system slow down and the speeds are great! this is the best!

The one issue I am still having is when the system wakes from sleep the ethernet connection doesn't work. Anyone know how this is fixed?

edit: i put the IntelMausiEthernet.kext in EFI\clover\kexts\10.11 folder and took out AppleIntelE1000e.kext. restarted an I got ethernet back after wake from sleep.

Last edited:
Motherboard
ASRock P67
CPU
i5 2500k
Graphics
amd HD5670
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
@bluedaredevil delete the NVMeGeneric.kext that's why it's not working, I had the same problem.

Motherboard
ASRock P67
CPU
i5 2500k
Graphics
amd HD5670
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
This Driver is a modification of the source code released on FreeBSD/NextBSD why is the source code not released for this one? I found verbatim and wrote in from the code disassembly of the driver. Like Here https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd/blob/master/sys/dev/nvme/ "nvme_ctrlr_cmd_identify_namespace" and others see the break down of strings in my Hopper.
Screen Shot 2016-07-17 at 3.28.25 AM.png

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
This Driver is a modification of the source code released on FreeBSD/NextBSD why is the source code not released for this one?
Seems like a good question to ask the author of NVMeGeneric.kext.

Motherboard
Asus Rampage V Extreme X99
CPU
i7-5960
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Moved out NVMeGeneric.kext from Clover and replaced it with HackrNVMeFamily-10.11.5.kext (created using RehabMan's instructions and script) on my NUC5i7RYH + Samsung 950 Pro build. It worked. No Clover KextsToPatch entries were needed. Performance is the same (~1400-1500MB/s r/w in both AJA and Blackmagic tests).

Last edited:

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Moved out NVMeGeneric.kext from Clover and replaced it with HackrNVMeFamily-10.11.5.kext (created using Piker's instructions) on my NUC5i7RYH + Samsung 950 Pro build. It worked. No Clover KextsToPatch entries were needed. Performance is the same (~1400-1500MB/s r/w in both AJA and Blackmagic tests).
Just to clarify, the instructions and scripts for creating HackrNVMeFamily-*.kext are by RehabMan. The patches it applies to IONVMeFamily to create HackrNVMeFamily are the work of PikeRAlpha and Mork vom Ork.

Motherboard
Asus Rampage V Extreme X99
CPU
i7-5960
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Just to clarify, the instructions and scripts for creating HackrNVMeFamily-*.kext are by RehabMan. The patches it applies to IONVMeFamily to create HackrNVMeFamily are the work of PikeRAlpha and Mork vom Ork.
sorry :oops:. Corrected. Thanks :).

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97x-UDH5
CPU
i5 4690K
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 980Ti Windforce
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Thanks for the tip on the new kexts for Samsung 950! Used the patch for 10.11.6 from RehabMans distribution. Everything looks good know.

I actually had an interesting problem last night, I believe this is related more to hardware than hackintosh:
Until now I have been using the old SSD as the EFI drive to boot into the m.2 drive. Yesterday I finally installed clover and co. to the 950 pro, booted up, and got stuck with initial boot screen. I was not able to access BIOS, nothing. Even reseting the BIOS did not do anything. Finally taking out all my Sata drives, and the m.2; and then reseting the BIOS did the trick.
Furthermore, plugging in the m.2 - everything works; plugging in m.2 + 1 ssd - same problem as before. So currently I am running the system with the 250gb 950 Pro, and two 1TB storage drives. My extra SSD's are unplugged.
Any idea what could be causing the boot problems?

p.s. During the problems the motherboard posted A2 messages, and now when everything runs I have A0 error codes.

edit. oh yes, it seems I have also lost power management.
System:
Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H
i5 4690K
Gigabyte GTX 950
Crucial Ballistix Elite 16GB 1866 MHz
(iMac 14.2)

Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z170X-Gaming 7
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
GTX TITAN X
Mac
iMac, MacBook, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Apple, LC, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Thanks for the tip on the new kexts for Samsung 950! Used the patch for 10.11.6 from RehabMans distribution. Everything looks good know.

I actually had an interesting problem last night, I believe this is related more to hardware than hackintosh:
Until now I have been using the old SSD as the EFI drive to boot into the m.2 drive. Yesterday I finally installed clover and co. to the 950 pro, booted up, and got stuck with initial boot screen. I was not able to access BIOS, nothing. Even reseting the BIOS did not do anything. Finally taking out all my Sata drives, and the m.2; and then reseting the BIOS did the trick.
Furthermore, plugging in the m.2 - everything works; plugging in m.2 + 1 ssd - same problem as before. So currently I am running the system with the 250gb 950 Pro, and two 1TB storage drives. My extra SSD's are unplugged.
Any idea what could be causing the boot problems?

p.s. During the problems the motherboard posted A2 messages, and now when everything runs I have A0 error codes.

edit. oh yes, it seems I have also lost power management.
System:
Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H
i5 4690K
Gigabyte GTX 950
Crucial Ballistix Elite 16GB 1866 MHz
(iMac 14.2)
The motherboard manual says you can't use some SATA ports with some m.2 configurations.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97x-UDH5
CPU
i5 4690K
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 980Ti Windforce
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
The motherboard manual says you can't use some SATA ports with some m.2 configurations.
I didn't know that. Need to have a look!
Nevertheless, I am using a PCI-express adaptor, not the m.2 port on the MoBo. And somehow it worked without a problem until I installed clover to the M.2.