Contribute
Register

OS X 10.9.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.9.5 Update

With the App Store app, hold the Option key and click on Purchases. You'll see all your purchases with the option to install/download.

Article: OS X 10.9.5 Update

Finally installed path from the App Store tonight. Lost audio. Tried re-installing from Multibeast 6.5 with no luck. I was using ALC885/889a codecs. After reading toleda's guides, figured out that the system was seeing the audio but was not loading the codecs. I followed toleda's guide to installing the HDEF through kernel extensions using DPCIManager. After installing the HDAEnabler1 kext I have audio again. Works on front panel also.

I am unsure why I needed the HDAEnabler kext now when I didn't need it with prior revs of Mavericks.

I delayed applying this update because I've been working on some projects at home that I can't afford to be interrupted by an upgrade gone wild. So I finally got around to doing it and had everything printed out, backed up, etc. I repaired perms, downloaded 10.9.5, installed it, rebooted, and voila - everything works! Audio is good, wifi is good, video is good.

All that worrying for nothing.

I've been using my hackintosh as my daily driver for years, but I'm still gun shy. See my signature and profile for my hardware. It's nothing crazy. The MB isn't the fastest or most feature-rich, but in my experience it is one of the most compatible with OS X. (No coincidence, that's why I bought it.)

Anyone still running the 10.9.4 Nvidia web drivers on 10.9.5? I'm getting a freeze from time to time and thought I'd go back...if possible???

thanks,

jb

I know I'm late to the party here but after checking out Yosemite and procrastinating plus a bit intimidated by updating a machine that was running 10.9.2 just fine, I bit the bullet.

Followed Stork's directions and all was well until the second re-boot after running my original MB settings file (6.3). Kernel panicked on reboot but was able to access the system in safe mode. I then used the same settings directly in MB 6.5, rebooted and all was well.

Audio and everything else works great except for some reason, the Time Machine disc icon changed from the TM icon to a regular disc icon.

Hi, Stork. I tried updating my hackintosh from 10.9.4 to 10.9.5, using the exact steps you laid out for us, and I cannot get it to boot at all. I have used all the usual common boot flags, and i still cannot get it to go. When I go in verbose mode, it immediately goes black after all the coding is finished. Please help me.

Here are my specs:
I7 4930K
GTX 780TI
ASUS SABERTOOTH X79 BIOS 4608
16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS X DDR3 2133 CL9
120GB SAMSUNG 840 EVO SSD
4TB WD GREEN HDD
XFX PROSERIES BLACK EDITION 1050W

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back