Contribute
Register

OS X 10.9.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bluetooth will no longer pair after update

I updated with only one problem. I accidentally auto updated by mistake. Afterward I used MultiBeast to reinstall the audio drivers and everything seemed to work fine, but my magic mouse or any other Bluetooth device for that matter, will no longer pair. It recognizes it, but won't pair. It used to work fine. I have the default deluxe mini build with the
GA-Z87N-WIFI board and use the Bluetooth from it. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Nah, I take it back - audio no longer works on my GA-Z97N-WIFI. I tried just applying the audio driver (ALC892) via MultiBeast, but then I got a kernel panic during bootup. Started in safe mode (-x) and did the full round of everything in MultiBeast, and although most everything works, audio definitely does not work, through the mobo or the case audio out.

Another strange event - when I double click something in iTunes, it just sticks at 0:00, and won't actually play. Perhaps iTunes knows there's nowhere for the audio to go? Anyway, I hope I can figure this out soon, as I take calls via my computer.

Well, turns out the update didn't work so well for me. Even after doing just the ALC892 audio drivers with MB, and then doing ALL the drivers again, I still have no audio. Hope I can get this fixed soon, as I need audio for business phone calls. If I can't figure it out soon, I'll just revert back to my TM backup.

Updated to 10.9.5 without issue here.

GA-B85-HD3, GTX 660Ti, i5-4690S, 16GB RAM, Samsung EVO SSD.

Selected "OS X Default Drivers"
Installed Combo update (had 10.9.4, updated to 10.9.5)
Rebooted
Ran MultiBeast 6.4.2, installed TRIM
Ran MultiBeast 6.2.1, installed Audio (ALC892) to fix no-audio-after-sleep problem
Rebuilt kext cache/drive permissions using Kext Wizard.
Reboot
Done!

Would love to try 10.10 beta, but I don't want to mess up my perfectly working and stable DAW machine. Maybe after the community gets it up and running for a few months I'll move to 10.10. For now, I'll stick with the final 10.9.5. Thanks to the community here for helping me get my first hackintosh together and running stable.

Updated with app store update after a Carbon Copy back-up. Just get hung up on apple logo screen with spinning "loading" icon on reboot. Tried to load into safe mode with -x but it doesn't work. Can boot into unibeast installer, but not sure what I can do from there besides reinstalling the old version. Any advice?

Many thanks!
t.

Update went smoothly!

X58A-UD3-R v.2 FH, Xeon X5650 4.2GHz, 12GB RAM (6x2GB), XFX 5770 single-slot

Updated via App Store on both my MX100 256 GB and G.Skill 64GB SSDs without any problems. The MX100 was new, so I had to apply the 4K/Boot0 fix to make it the primary drive, but that went off without a hitch either. Soft RAID and other internal drives all fine.

Definitely looking forward to Yosemite. I hope there's a release-day Chimera update to make it work!

Article: OS X 10.9.5 Update

Well, turns out the update didn't work so well for me. Even after doing just the ALC892 audio drivers with MB, and then doing ALL the drivers again, I still have no audio. Hope I can get this fixed soon, as I need audio for business phone calls. If I can't figure it out soon, I'll just revert back to my TM backup.

Had same issue...and solved it!

Try MultiBeast-Mavericks-Edition-6.2.2.zip ...just for Audio drivers (Without DSDT - ALC887/888b) ..and oh-la-la ...sound is on :)

Article: OS X 10.9.5 Update

Updated with app store update after a Carbon Copy back-up. Just get hung up on apple logo screen with spinning "loading" icon on reboot. Tried to load into safe mode with -x but it doesn't work. Can boot into unibeast installer, but not sure what I can do from there besides reinstalling the old version. Any advice?

Many thanks!
t.

Okay, got -x to work on another try, ran multibeast and reinstalled last working settings/drivers, rebooted, and all seems well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back