Register

OS X 10.9.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.9.5 Update

Ran Software Update on my Z77X-UDH5

Used MB 6.01 for the Audio and 6.4 for the TRIM Patch

Working so far, and sleep doesn't kill my audio

Same rig here, same results. I used your approach and all is well. Good deal! Thanks!

MB GA Z87x-D3H
Updated as in storks guide - tried MB 6.4.2 everything worked but after sleep sound still lost - after using MB 6.1.0 with
ALC 892 (without DSDT) it all works fine i hope with the next MB update this issue will be one of the past.

Paul

Easy install via Software Update. No sound or trim issues, no reinstall required (using Clover with patched kexts).

Sad it's the last Mavericks, no big fan of Yosemite design. Think I'll stick with 10.9.5 for a while.

GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 [UEFI]

10.9.5 Works fine on Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3 [Downloaded combo update and installed]
-Repair permissions first either using “kext utility tool” or type following command in terminal “sudo disktuil repairPermissions /“ without quotes
-Install combo update
-Update will auto install and Reboot PC
-install audio kext ALC889 DSDT FREE
-Re Enable TRIM on SSD
-Repair permissions first either using “kext utility tool” or type following command in terminal “sudo disktuil repairPermissions /“ without quotes
-Reboot and your done
I also use Multibeast 6.3.1 I havent had any broken sound / sleep wake audio issues with this kext :D

GA-H97N-wifi. Did the multibeast reinstall and permission repair as mentioned, but now I could only boot with safe mode, otherwise it gets stuck with the spinning circle.

Everything went pretty smooth for me. I repaired permissions, backed up, got the combo, updated, installed the latest Voodoo HDA and then it was just me being confused as to how to set up the auto output... and that was it. Hopefully all updates are this east using this system and Clover... gotta update that again too it says. Pretty easy to do this stuff once you've done it a few times!!!

Easy install via Software Update. No sound or trim issues, no reinstall required (using Clover with patched kexts).

Sad it's the last Mavericks, no big fan of Yosemite design. Think I'll stick with 10.9.5 for a while.

GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 [UEFI]

I've been trying to update my MOBO, how did you manage to get it to boot UEFI?

Updated flawlessly.
through the Mac App Store

Successful upgrade to 10.9.5 on my Asus Maximus 6 Extreme (Z87 w/4770K, GTX 780 and USB Audio).

My steps:

1. Permissions repair on my boot SSD
2. Run 10.9.5 installer
3. Reboot
4. Permissions repair on my boot SSD
5. Install latest nVidia web driver
6. Reboot

So far everything seems stable! :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back