Contribute
Register

OS X 10.9.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer wait for the tonymacx86's OS X new release

Ga-Z68X-UD4-B3 updated through App Store, reboot and reinstall Audio Driver with Multibeast then apply Trim Enabler, thats all

Installed today morning on my Z97 mainboard without any issues....Just clicked to update, installed, rebooted and everything is working fine. But I'm using PCIE graphics card Ati 5670 and PCI sound card SB Audigy.. not internal.

Article: OS X 10.9.5 Update

Here's the step by step way to update:
:ch: Repair Permissions using the Disk Utility on the drive to be updated;*
:ch: Backup your current installation using Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper;
:ch: Download the latest MultiBeast for Mavericks which has the latest ACL8xy audio drivers;
:ch: Download the Combo Update and run the Combo Update to update to 10.9.5;
:ch: Re-boot;
:ch: Run MultiBeast for Mavericks and just select your audio driver to install and, optionally, the 10.9.4+ TRIM patch;
:ch: Re-boot; and
:ch: Repair Permissions again.*​

If you have TRIM enabled, check to see if it was affected by this update.

* You can use the Terminal instead of Disk Utility if you feel comfortable with a UNIX command:
Code:
 sudo diskutil repairPermissions /

Thanks much Stork!! As always, another flawless update with zero problems achieved by following your instructions to the letter. I can't imagine anyone experiencing any problems or hitting any walls . . if you follow Stork's instructions.

The only thing I did that deviated Stork's steps was ADDING A PERMISSION REPAIR AFTER RUNNING MULTIBEAST FOR MY AUDIO KEXT & TRIM PATCH . .

. . which, for anyone with a Gigabyte H61N-USB3 is: Realtek ALC889

Screen Shot 2014-09-18 at 2.38.45 AM.jpgScreen Shot 2014-09-18 at 2.38.53 AM.jpg

Was an easy update for me, just had to fix audio, Wifi + Bluetooth and Trim Support and disable my Nvidia Web Drivers. new update is running smooth after fixing all the stuff I mentioned.

Article: OS X 10.9.5 Update

Completely broke audio on my GA-Z87X-UD5 TH. None of the fixes in current version of Multibeast fix it. Other than that, everything seemed ok. If anyone has any idea on a possible audio fix, would appreciate it. If not though, will start from vanilla and skip this update. Might want to avoid if you're using a GA-Z87X-UD5 TH motherboard.

For the GA-Z77-DS3H i use the Multibeast 6.1 only for repairing audio and that works fine for me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back