Contribute
Register

OS X 10.9.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.9.4 Update

No, the 10.9.4 update just updates your existing 10.9.3 installation. It doesn't do a "fresh" installation.

I had the same no sound after this update. Used MB 6.2.2 for sound and it fine. I have a Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 with ALC 889 Audio

I had nothing but problems with this update. Random freezes and I tried many things to fix, so I just went back to 10.9.3.

Updated from 10.9.3 to 10.9.4, everything worked ok except audio. After several attempts with MultiBeast 6.4, tried with MultiBeast 6.0.0 and successfully restored audio with the With DSDT/ Realtek ALC898 codec. Some particulars on my system:

Gigabyte GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI
Xeon E5-2650
Gigabyte GV-N66TWF2-2GD GeForce GTX660 Ti graphics

Same for me, I have an old but still working Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3R. I used Multibeast 6.1 with ALC885/889a and sound came back.

Big problem with my ethernet on a z87x-ud5h, tried many solutions.......unable to do my ethernet working !!!
sometimes, i got ethernet working and, after reboot.....he lost ethernet !!! please help me

Took the plunge, did backup first , updated to 10.9.4 on my Asus P8 H61-MLX i5 8Gb RAM 1Tb Hdd dual boot win7 + OSX

Had to reinstall Voodoo_HDA_2.8.5_MAV.pkg, to get sound back, but everything else works

@kewpiedoll99

It's not much of a help I know but it may avoid the need for a reboot :

In Terminal :

Code:
sudo ifconfig en0 down
sudo ifconfig en0 up

It's worked for me when I've had a similar problem in the past.
As to why it does it, no idea.

Good Luck

Thanks, @P1LGRIM, but regrettably it didn't fix my problem. (It resets the ethernet connection.) As I've noted, other apps accessing ethernet connection still work, but anything accessing http doesn't. This is fairly painful. I recall that someone way up front in the first set of comments - the ones that were lost - had this issue, but I don't know who it was or how he/she fixed it. Would still appreciate any other ideas. Thanks all!

Are the old comments totally gone? There was someone right near the front who was having a problem like mine - http access fails after a lengthy sleep - and I would like to know how they solved it.

No Audio on X58A-UD5 motherboard. I can't even get it to install, I get a 'failure' notice every time. I've even tried every Multibeast back to 6.0 to install for 889, but still get failures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back