Contribute
Register

OS X 10.9.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.9.3 Update

I have a Asus P8z77-V LX2 and a old ATI HD4650, that worked very good with 10.9.2 and some kext I've found on the web.

After the 10.9.3 update, audio and video stopped working. I've fixed the audio, reinstalling the proper kext, but there's nothing I can do for the video, now.

i just made my hackintosh last month, mother board is gigabyte z87mx-d3h, 16 gb corsair vengance ram, intel 4770k, gigabyte 2gb gtx770 oc edition graphics card. not getting any signal from hdmi, my screen turns off and says no input even though it's plugged in. any info on how to get it to work would be amazing, tried booting verbose, single user and no cache and safe mode, nothing worked.

- - - Updated - - -

i just made my hackintosh last month, mother board is gigabyte z87mx-d3h, 16 gb corsair vengance ram, intel 4770k, gigabyte 2gb gtx770 oc edition graphics card. not getting any signal from hdmi, my screen turns off and says no input even though it's plugged in. any info on how to get it to work would be amazing, tried booting verbose, single user and no cache and safe mode, nothing worked.

stay away for now if you have nvidia cards, hdmi ports are not working

did u get it fixed? i have the same issue, not sure what to do. tried booting all the modes and safe mode not working either. have u tried connecting via dvi or minidisplay port if you have one?

Following Storks advice the combo update ran flawlessly on a Gb Z77X-UDH5 and Nvidia 760. Bluetooth, sound and Trim all working

Any one know if there is still an issue with loss of audio after wake from sleep?
Or should we still be rolling back to earlier multibeast audio drivers?

(issue appears to only be affecting people with certain gigabyte motherboards, including me)

This is still an issue. I tested it myself.

did u get it fixed? i have the same issue, not sure what to do. tried booting all the modes and safe mode not working either. have u tried connecting via dvi or minidisplay port if you have one?

I have a gtx 770OC as well. neither display port nor hdmi worked on 10.9.3. had to reinstall 10.9.2. I hear chaining your SMBios to iMac might fix it. worth a shot.

A smooth upgrade from 10.9.2 to 10.9.3 using the combo update on a GA-Z68XP-UD4 motherboard with an AMD 6870 running dual monitors. Rebuild the permissions, run the update, reinstall the audio kext and rebuild permissions again. Thanks TonyMac / MacMan.

Updated from App Store - no problem
Installed Trim Enabler and ALC898 - simple
All works well after restart.

However, sound does not work when wake from sleep. If I restart, then sound works again.

Z77X-UP5-TH/i7 3770/GT640

Intel Nuc Core i3 here.

Getting kernelpanic regarding appleintelcpupowermanagent.

Any my ideas how to resolve this?

UPDATE: When I cold boot the rig, my screen now goes into sleep mode when the login screen loads. If I hit the reset button and warm boot the machine, the login screen comes up just fine. I didn't have this issue under 10.9.2 but I can reproduce it on every cold boot now under 10.9.3.

I tried changing the system ID from Mac Pro 6,1 to iMac 14,2 to see if it made any difference but the cold boot issue remains the same.

Intel Core i7 4770K (Haswell; Quad Core @ 3.5 GHz)
Cooler Master Hyper 212 X CPU Cooler
16GB Kingston HyperX 1600 MHz RAM
GeForce GTX 690 (Dual GPU card with 2GB each)
Asus Maximus VI Extreme Motherboard (w/BIOS 1402)
1x Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD
4x Western Digital Red 3TB HDs
1x LG DVD Burner
One 2 Port PCI-E 1394b Controller (FireWire 800)
Two 4 Port Orico PCI-E USB 3.0 Controllers (brings total USB 3.0 ports to 16)
LG DVD Burner
Antec HCP-1000 1000 Watt PSU
Cooler Master HAF 912 Case
Custom LED Case Lighting Mod
MAX Blackbird Gaming Keyboard
Alienware TactX Mouse
Dell 27" LCD Display (2560 x 1440)
Mac OS X 10.9.3

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back