Contribute
Register

OS X 10.9.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.9.3 Update

Ah. Got my stereo system sound. In System Preferences > Sound > Output > Device the setting was reset to merely Digital Out (I guess that's the motherboard optical output). Changed to the HDMI device and all is good. I have HDMI passthrough (5.1 surround from EyeTV) as well as regular stereo through the HDMI. Little bit of a panic there.:)

So, my upgrade for Gigabyte z77 ds3h with HD4000 onboard graphics is to install OS update, run multibeast to install audio for ALC887, remove HDAEnabler, and then the above audio setting.

No problem with 10.9.3 update per instructions on GA-Z68xp-ud4 w/5770 video running through display port. Have sleep/wake, usb 3 on wake working still.

Note: Still using the Multibeast 6.1.0 on account of issues with 6.2. (Thanks to those brave souls who suggested waiting!)

==m==

Hmm...everything seems ok after update...except i have a weird problem. The right click menu does not show up correctly.
On desktop i see it small and i see only new folder and get info and a bunch of lines...and in finder looks messed up.
Anybody has this problem?
Anybody has a fix???

Updated my 10.9.2 system (GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 | i7 [email protected] | GTX770) to 10.9.3.

Now, sometimes when I boot (mostly with a really cold boot) I don't get the login screen but 'the busy mouse wheel'. Don't know how to explain it exactly, but I can move the mouse but the background stays black and nothing happens.

But when I turn off the power and boot again, everything is fine. I've tried several times booting in verbose mode but then boot never fails.

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction to find out what's happening on boot.

App store update works fine on my GA-p55-USB3, just lost sound (as usual) and have to reinstall sound, trim SSD, and whatever. Also my ASUS Radeon 6670 1GB DDR3 is (as usual) recognized with default radeon framebuffer, but "all" programs seems to work - dvd player, ripple effect, cinebench, ableton, geekbench. With Chimera 2 and 3 I have issues to log in to App Store, but that is as it has been with 10.9.2 as well, Clover fixes that.

However, restoring my 10.9.2 from Time Machine to my test installation drive(clean format, then restoring) actually didn't work very well. Several programs were just "lost", especially programs/utilities. Weird. Restored from a 10.9.0 boot usb, maybe I better update that. Can't look into it further as the restored 10.9.2 installation upon reboot started time machine and made a new backup, erasing my older backups %-o . Good to have a test setup :) (I know I better do 2 backups, one with superduper, when I want to make really sure restore should work)

Seeing the same issue with a GA-Z87MX-D3H and GTX660. Cinema Display connected via DisplayPort goes black as soon as Mac OS loads login screen.
Some reports suggest the primary ports of nvidia graphic cards work. So maybe the DP is considered secondary. For now I'm falling back to my on-board graphics.

Got my GTX660 to work by disabling the on-board Intel graphics completely in BIOS (intel off and PCIe1 as initial graphics). While this works there is still something odd about multi-graphic-card setups. With 10.9.2 I had no issues leaving my Intel graphics on.

Seeing the same issue with a GA-Z87MX-D3H and GTX660. Cinema Display connected via DisplayPort goes black as soon as Mac OS loads login screen.
Some reports suggest the primary ports of nvidia graphic cards work. So maybe the DP is considered secondary. For now I'm falling back to my on-board graphics.

Try this:
PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No. It should work.

Hi. I've just install 10.9.2 on the new machine (MB Gigabyte Z87M-D3H LGA 1150 and EVGA GeForce GT 640 2GB) work like a charm. But after the 10.9.3 update by Mac App Store, my dual monitor setup won't display a think after the Apple logo boot screen. The machine still booting, the hard drive works like normal, but both display are off. Don't know what to do anymore. Tried several flags, but nothing works. Don't want to, but i guess i will have to reinstall all over again.... Can anyone help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back