Contribute
Register

OS X 10.9.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.9.2 Update

i just tried to update my build (i7 4770K, Z87x-OC, GTX 760). The update itself went well, but when i tried to reinstall my settings with Multibeast 6.2. the system freezed during the installation and now i get this (frozen) screen after reboot.

I also tried safe mode, no more progress. What can i do now? I made a backup with Carbon Copy Cloner before updating...
Please help me!!

Try with other Graphic Card and do a restore.
Hope it helps.

Last edited by a moderator:

Try with other Graphic Card and do a restore.
Hope it helps.

Got the bluetooth to work by removing the dongle and changing it to a different usb plug. Don't know why it worked but it now works perfectly

can i make a suggestion this may not work on very hack but if u get the blackscreen after the combo update try this cause this just worked for me i tried over 20 times n i got black screen then i figured what the heck let me update be for using multi beast n all that sure enough it worked my cards r9 270x so i left it as 7xxx sires controller cause i usually use vladas kext to get full use of my card i just installed that kext bow to use miltibeast and do very thing else lie keep u posted ok so it worked evry thing worked u up date first be for instaling all unibeast stuff but now i got wite screen on boot right be for the os screen shanges n i get this on restart to and retsrat seems to be resetting my bios cuaseing the hole pc to reboot

Great ! Thank you Tony

i just tried to update my build (i7 4770K, Z87x-OC, GTX 760). The update itself went well, but when i tried to reinstall my settings with Multibeast 6.2. the system freezed during the installation and now i get this (frozen) screen after reboot.

I also tried safe mode, no more progress. What can i do now? I made a backup with Carbon Copy Cloner before updating...
Please help me!!

That happened to me, just press the off button and turn it back on, if you have a slower or really big flash drive, it can get stuck. It does not have to do anything with graphics luckily just a glitch. Hope this helped, because this was my first hackintosh ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Did the update, and everything worked except for audio. I just downloaded the cumulative update from Apple, and ran the installer. Only hitch was I needed to boot without kernel cache, but that's common for me.

My build:
CPU: Core i5 760 (OC'd to 3.2 Ghz)
MOBO: MSI P55-CD53
Graphics: nVidia GeForce GTX 660

Only issues' I've had are the jmicron IDE controller not working (so no disk drives) but a kext fixed that, and audio not working, but the ACL889 kext corrected that.

Done, went from 10.9 to 10.9.2 no hiccups , surprisingly everything works even audio.

My build:
Mobo: Gigabyte Ga-G31m-es2L
CPU: Intel Core2duo E8400
Nvidia Geforce GTX250

Thanks for the update guide! Worked as described for me.

I noticed the Trim wasn't enabled after using the MultiBeast 6.2.1 with the trim setting enabled.
But I turned it back on with the Trim enabler app from Cindori.
(or is this the actual normal workflow?)

Now everything looks fine!
:headbang:

My build:
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-OC
CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K
Nvidia Geforce GTX680

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back