Register

OS X 10.9.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.9.2 Update

Here's the step by step way to update:
:ch: Repair Permissions using the Disk Utility on the drive to be updated;*
:ch: Backup your current installation using Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper;
:ch: Use the Software Update to download and install 10.9.2 (recommend using the Combo Update);
:ch: Re-boot;
:ch: Run MultiBeast for Mavericks and just select your audio driver to install and TRIM (if needed);
:ch: Re-boot; and
:ch: Repair Permissions again.​

If you have TRIM enabled, check to see if it was affected by this update.

* You can use the Terminal instead of Disk Utility if you feel comfortable with a UNIX command:
Code:
sudo diskutil repairPermissions /

Would have loved to use these directions. My 5 year old clicked on the "critical update" download window that popped up (not even an administrator user). So I guess I updated through the App Store. Didn't know it until the sound stopped working. I used MultiBeast 6.2.1 and installed my audio drivers. Back up and running with sound.

I also saw that my GTX 570 HD was running at full speed. Thus, I edited the 10.9.2 AGPM kext to include my GPU. Now seems to be working just fine.

System:

Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H (v 1.0)
EVGA GTX 570 HD
3770K i7 @ 4.2
plus other components

:headbang:

This next part is way off topic. How come this update through the app store didn't require an administrator user/password? Anyway of preventing updates in the future for non-administrator users?

Good evening,

I just upgrade my GA Z87N WIFI + I7 4700 rig. And after the reboot I got a black screen. After several trial and error, I did manage to boot in safe mode with the following parameters : -x -v PCIrootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=No ncpi=0x2000. Despite a few configuation done with Multibeast, I am not able to boot it outside the safe mode. A boot in verbose doesn't show any significant error and certainly not a KP.
The platform was running fine under 10.9.1. Any idea from owner of the same MB? I've read in this thread that some upgrade have been succesful.
Any suggestion is more than welcome.

Thanks anyhow for all the help provide by tonymac and all the members.

I have two NVDIA GTX 780s on a gigabyte OC Force motherboard. After Updating the second card is no longer recognized by the OS and my second screen is blank. I have tried changing graphics enabler to yes. That just cuts off the screen that was working before, and the PCIrootUID = 1 doesn't change anything either. Anything else I should try. It is strange that one card works perfectly while the second doesn't

:ch: Use the Software Update to download and install 10.9.2 (recommend using the Combo Update);
:ch: Run MultiBeast for Mavericks and just select your audio driver to install and TRIM (if needed);

* You can use the Terminal instead of Disk Utility if you feel comfortable with a UNIX command:
Code:

Will this work if I'm updating from 10.8.x?

Just updated without any problems, just had to reinstall alc887/888 current via multibeast (6.2.1).
My Setup: GA-Q77-D2H, I7 3770 (no k version), no Descrete Graphics (Intel HD4000 used)

Code:
I tried this I get instant kernal crash when trying to reboot. No flags work just instant.

- - - Updated - - -

Code:
I tried this I get instant kernal crash when trying to reboot. No flags work just instant.

- - - Updated - - -

Code:

- - - Updated - - -

Code:

i just tried to update my build (i7 4770K, Z87x-OC, GTX 760). The update itself went well, but when i tried to reinstall my settings with Multibeast 6.2. the system freezed during the installation and now i get this (frozen) screen after reboot.

I also tried safe mode, no more progress. What can i do now? I made a backup with Carbon Copy Cloner before updating...
Please help me!!

Last edited by a moderator:

No.

You must be in 10.9.x to update to 10.9.2 using Stork's method. Follow the unibeast guide to update from 10.8 to 10.9.2.

Thanks!

OK guys for those with the H87N-WIFI black screen issues, i did something that works and let me upgrade without problems, so far...
what i did.
First, repair permissions and do a backup!!
Then download the combo update and i install. reboot and i got the famous black screen, change my hdmi to the upper port and in the bios in the tab PERIPHERALS change XHCI Hand-off to ENABLE and EHCI Hand -off ENABLE, reboot and WORKS!!! (i did test it, went back and put to disable both, and my computer freeze at boot, like my first attemps)
don't ask me why!!!

Multibeast to gain my audio again and the only thing was that i lost my wdn4800 wifi card, so with kext utlity install the IO80211Family.kext and i have wifi again!!!

again, so far its fine but i have to test it more time, hope this works for others too!!!!
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::headbang::headbang::headbang:

Tried a few times when 10.9.2 came out and got black screen like others, so had to restore back to 10.9.1 and stick with 10.9.1.... This afternoon decided to see if there was anything new I hadn't seen or tried....

Changed ECHI Hand-off to Enable (XHCI Hand-off was already Enable) in BIOS and upgraded via app store, rebooted and used multibeast... Worked like a Charm!
Thanks!

Get an initial loud audio click when audio is first used, or when audio hasn't been used for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back