Contribute
Register

OS X 10.9.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.9.2 Update

@brianbass: I also downloaded 10.9.2 from the App Store yesterday, in preparation for making a Unibeast install. I was also initially surprised to not find the installer app in 'Applications' after the download had completed and the installer automatically began. What I found was that the installed was saved in a different folder than expected (a folder where I keep other OS X setup files, kexts, etc). It appears that the OS install app is locating either the last downloaded file location or the last downloaded installer location. In any case, search your hard drive for a 5.33 GB file named "Install OS X Mavericks.app". You might find it in an alternate location.

By the way, today the "Install OS X Mavericks" app does appear in Launchpad on my computer. Apparently it just took some time to run the Launchpad app update script due to the app not being in the 'Applications' folder.

UPDATE: mavericks app shows in launch pad, but not in app folder. And I can also confirm that Uni-Beast 3.01 Is a BIG NO GO, IT Fails to make the usb installer, It can't find the newly DL'd Mavericks 10.9.2 app
F.Y.I. to all it looks like we need a new "Uni-Beast" maybe 3.02.?
Also as of right now "Dont' lose your current Uni-Beast installer usb, OR you will be screwed!!
As of right now you can't make one for Mavericks newest DownLoad from apps store. MountainLion Works, But only if you've already purchased it, and re downloaded it, As of now MountainLion is not even available in the app store.
Only Mavericks which you can't make a USB installer anymore with.....
So NOW I Do Know Something is up w/ apple this newest mavericks update.
Word to the wise be careful!!!

UPDATE: mavericks app shows in launch pad, but not in app folder. And I can also confirm that Uni-Beast 3.01 Is a BIG NO GO, IT Fails to make the usb installer, It can't find the newly DL'd Mavericks 10.9.2 app
F.Y.I. to all it looks like we need a new "Uni-Beast" maybe 3.02.?
Also as of right now "Dont' lose your current Uni-Beast installer usb, OR you will be screwed!!
As of right now you can't make one for Mavericks newest DownLoad from apps store. MountainLion Works, But only if you've already purchased it, and re downloaded it, As of now MountainLion is not even available in the app store.
Only Mavericks which you can't make a USB installer anymore with.....
So NOW I Do Know Something is up w/ apple this newest mavericks update.
Word to the wise be careful!!!
If you have moved the install app to another folder, even trash, MAS will update it in it's current location and not create a new copy in /Applications but it will still show in launchpad. Use Spotlight to find it's location and move it back to /Applications.

tried to create a fesh unibeast install, but when Itry to re download the new version of os x mavericks 10.9.2 it downloads the whole 5.5 something gigs, then before its totally done downloading, it starts saying installing, for the last 4 min of DL. SOMETHING IS UP! Because the mavericks.app install no longer appears in the applications. I looked after dl but before restart, and also after a restart. All i could find of the 5.5 gig DL is a temp install folder on my root drive, But again No mavericks app to be found, not even in the temp folder. Its like they dont want you to have the actual app anymore.
Well I'm not saying I can't update, but I think that a app store update stops the DL'd Mavericks app to Appear in the applications or anywhere at all. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I'm on 10.9.1 SO YES ive made a uni beast with mavericks from 10.9.0 & 10.9.1, Also 10.8.4 , & 10.8.5 So I DO know where the Mavericks app Should be! IT's NOT there!
Well i booted my ML 10.8.5 partition and redownloaded the ML 10.8.5 and looked in the applications folder and BAMM right where its suppose to be. So I try to redownload the Mavericks 10.9.2, this time it won't download at all says I need to update first or something. SUX because I bet if I do update it updates the app store and then doesn't allow app to be found in the applications folder.
F.Y.I. to all it looks like its going to be a rough ride trying to Re-Make a unibeast install if you can't find the main component The "Mavericks App 10.9.2 and probable up from there. Might want to come back and read through some treads everytime before updating, might save ya a "Doh":banghead:

My download of Mavericks 10.9.2 went into the /Downloads folder. I moved it to /Applications and ran Unibeast. I hope this helps

If you have moved the install app to another folder, even trash, MAS will update it in it's current location and not create a new copy in /Applications but it will still show in launchpad. Use Spotlight to find it's location and move it back to /Applications.
Thanks allot will try today. Sorry for freaking out, lol. Ive never had an issue w/ anything Ive tried used from this site. Thanks again

I'm trying to atleast have 2 Uni-beast installer w/ 2 diff versions of mav, in case I ever need or decide to downgrade, instead of update. Lol And so I move it out of Applications folder each version, will it only keep updating "One" same mavericks app? I'm trying to move it to my storage drive, then re download it again (newest version) then re make a unibeast installer. Whats the best way?

After update my desktop freezes frequently, any suggestion?

After updating, and if I leave my PC on for a long time, eventually I will get a black screen with only the mouse visible and controllable. This didn't start happening until after I updated. Any ideas?

i7 4770k
GTX460

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back