Contribute
Register

OS X 10.9.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.9.2 Update

Hey guys, I did download the update from my developer account I think a week before and had trouble, to get the system working without booting from an external boot/install drive.

It seems that apple changed something in the I/o networking kext. So the atheros driver for the tp link 4800 card seems to let not boot the computer from the internal extra folder.

It wasn't any problem before.

Is somebody having that problem with that final update?

It seems that apple changed some strings in the kext, I will try that update today evening to see if there are any differences to the last developer seed an if ... Will try to recover the new driver with old string at the weekend...
same problem. got no idea how to fix it

For not working audio...
Try delete AppleHDA from extensions folder, then reinstall audio kext with multibeast and reboot.

Hey guys, I did download the update from my developer account I think a week before and had trouble, to get the system working without booting from an external boot/install drive.

It seems that apple changed something in the I/o networking kext. So the atheros driver for the tp link 4800 card seems to let not boot the computer from the internal extra folder.

It wasn't any problem before.

Is somebody having that problem with that final update?

It seems that apple changed some strings in the kext, I will try that update today evening to see if there are any differences to the last developer seed an if ... Will try to recover the new driver with old string at the weekend...
same problem

Just updated from 10.9.1 to 10.9.2 no Problems.
System : [email protected] GTX 660TI
Gigabyte : ga-z87 hd3
Samsung 840D
I only have to reinstall the Audio drivers after every update.
I use both GPU. Intel with 22inch. Nvidia dual link 30inch screen and 27 full hd. No Problems.
Cheers tert

I'm getting the following kernel panic after updating. After installing a clean system, the kernel panic keeps coming up, even when I attach the hard drive to my iMac

Attachments

• foto.jpg
    foto.jpg
    761.9 KB · Views: 167

Z87M-D3H
Not Behaving at all on 10.9.2 for me.
osx hangs and freezes after about 2/4 minutes of usage only in osx desktop
(Note boot up is smooth login fine) Can't move mouse cursor keyboard
lights don't even work after freeze

Can barely check multibeast or anything before it freezes

Should of left it with 10.9.1 as it was all working flawlessly

Unless anyone has a solution going to roll back to 10.9.1

Not really sure what to do about it? can't see any errors when I
boot -v and I cannot do anything once it freezes so I can't find info
on whats causing the issue.
Ditto. Complete freeze (clock/cursor/no HD activity) 1-15 min. I have tediously looked at console and whatever is causing the freeze is not creating a console entry. created fresh user account, still freezes. Uninstalled air parrot and unplugged by non-hd webcam as it was generatinn errors mentioned here, but neither were cause of hard system freeze. Tried with regular osX update.dmg and combo update.dmg followed by updating my setup multi beast saved prefs, permissions repair, kextcache refresh. Fought with it for 14 hours but finally giving up and rolling back to 10.9.1 for the 3rd time.

Running a Gigabyte Z87X-UD5H DSDT setup. has been a flawless server for 2 months up till now...

Try to do things, which I did, because I had a similar freeze
"touch" your extensions, rebuild your cahce, because right before initial two freezes I got a massage in console saying:

"com.apple.kextd[12]: Cache file /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Directories/System/Library/Extensions/KextIdentifiers.plist.gz is out of date; not using."

and this massage and after that:
" mds[36]: (Normal) Volume: volume:0x7fd1c2048000 ********** Bootstrapped Creating a default store:0 SpotLoc:(null) SpotVerLoc:(null) occlude:0 /Volumes/firmwaresyncd.RAiXpx"

Last massage I don't think is related because I always get it in console after mounting a drive or something like that, just different volume number and firmwaresyncd suffix, but more or less the same massage.

here's my post,
http://www.tonymacx86.com/articles/125939-article-os-x-10-9-2-update-44.html#post773164

For my GA-Z87X-UD3H i had to update the BIOS to version F7 to boot successfully into Os X 10.9.2. I had F4 before that and it worked fine until OS X 10.9.1. I hope this helps someone out

I have tried that. With GraphicsEnabler=Yes, it gets stuck on the load screen (Apple logo, spinning timer). It stays like that until i reboot. The weird thing is i can connect to it remotely from another mac while its stuck on that screen. I am using a 27" Cinema Display via mini DP.

So basically it does boot with GraphicsEnabler=Yes, its just that OSX doesn't see my display. While remote connecting in from another Mac , and viewing display in system preferences, there is none detected.

A couple thoughts:

1) If you would put real information in your profile, we'd at least know what your hardware/software configuration is. I think some people find it a little trying to make the effort to help if the person asking for the help doesn't make the effort to fill in that info. I see that you have an ACD via miniDP just in this post, but otherwise wouldn't have known (or won't know later in the thread).

2) If you go back through the thread, take a look at my posts and the responses. We've all had similar issues, which we fixed by booting with GE=Yes and then trying framebuffers (AtiConfig=Vervet.... for example on my 5770 single-slot card). I highly suggest going back through the thread and trying to follow this. There's a lot of good info.

Good luck! It's definitely frustrating, but just keep trying a few framebuffers.

asus sabertouth z87 Intel hd4600 Screen goes blank after boot with No Signal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back