Contribute
Register

OS X 10.9.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
The update worked great for me. I just installed it directly from the app store. Lost audio as always.

Article: OS X 10.9.2 Update

Followed the procedure at the beginning of this thread using the 10.9.2 Combo Update and my old 2009 Lifehacker (Gigabyte EP45-UD3P (v. 1.6)/Core 2 Quad Q9550/Crucial M4 256GB SSD/EVGA GTS 250) updated perfectly. As noted above, the sound was fine after the update (a first for me too) but I did have to use MultiBeast to reenable Trim Support for my SSD.

HELP ME FOR THE AUDIO ...........

My MB is GB X58A-UD3R I HAVE JUST UPDATED EVERYTHING ARE WORKING EXCEPT NO AUDIO ANY HELP

PLZ HELP ME I HAVE INSTALL ALL THE AUDIO DRIVERS NO LUCK

10.9.2 (Apple Store update) fresh install using UNI/Multibeast

ASUS Z-68 Pro/Gen3, i5 2770K o/c to 4.4
NV 650 Ti (embedded driver, waiting for CUDA support)

Working Perfectly:

Atheros Bluetooth (embedded on motherboard, FIRST TIME, autodetected by 10.9.2)
Trim (Samsung SSD)
SLEEP (WORKS FANTASTIC - FIRST TIME EVER ON THE BOARD) :lol:
SOUND (ALC892)
EDIT - Zenith's USB 3.0 from latest MultiBeast
Apple Store
iTunes

Rite ..

Ahh... I accidentally had automatic updates turned on, so when I left the house, it downloaded and installed on its own, and when I got back it was stuck on the apple boot logo, when booting into verbose, it tells me that something is wrong with power management and the CPU is wrong, at the moment I can simply boot using the bootable USB, without that I'd be stuck with a piece of stuck together metal and plastic...

any known errors or problems?

No problems on Mac Mini Giga A-H61n-USB3-i5 3570K - GeForce GT640 and Mac Pro Asus P7P55D - E - PRO - i7 - GeForce GT 430. For the Giga I did reinstall the audio. Remember to repair the permissions ALSO after installation of !0.9.2. If you do not do this step you will have all kind of problems (freezing kernel panics etc.)

Noob question ; its better to upgrade from the appstore or with the combo update ? Beacause i have noticed with the 10.9.1 that the appstore update is bigger than the combo.. ?

I was able to update straight from the app store no prob.

mine working absolutely fine :D

Just reporting in:

GA-Z87N-WIFI
Intel Core i7-4770K
GeForce GTX 760

Used combo update. Had absolutely no issues. Even retained HDMI Audio after reinstalling audio driver from MultiBeast.

Features verified so far:
Facetime
HDMI Audio
HDMI video
DVI video
iMessage
Audio from line out
Trim Support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back