Contribute
Register

OS X 10.9.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.9.2 Update

If its only showing as 5700 then its not the right framebuffer. My 5770/5870 and 7950 all showed as the correct names. Its been a while since i used my 5770 so I can't recall exact FB I used but for my 5870 it was Langur.

Interesting. I don't recall my card being properly displayed even in Mountain Lion. For now, with Vervet (which is what I had to use with modified kexts back in 10.7.2 I think), everything runs properly.

If I get a chance maybe I'll try cycling through all the FB options later.

Successfully updated Dell Inspiron 530 to 10.9.2.

CPU: Intel Q9300 Core 2 Quad core (Displayed as Xeon in About)
GFX: Geforce GT 240
AUD: $2 USB dongle (onboard disabled as there's no real working kext)
LAN: RTL8169
Custom DSDT

Process:

1. Download 10.9.2 Combo update
2. Repair permissions (used sudo diskutil repairPermissions / in terminal)
3. Install combo update
4. Restarted
5. facetime auto started and asked for password...entered it and it disappeared.
6. Mail auto started and said it was upgrading the DB and finished fine.
7. Repair permissions (used sudo diskutil repairPermissions / in terminal)

Came to this site to write this up.

AMD,Radeonframebuffer means you are not using any FB. I use Futomaki for my Sapphire HD7950 reference card. I also use Clover so I actually didn't need to specify any FB as it automatically injects correct one for me.

You are lucky with your graphic card. I don't have any FakeSMC plugins installed.
For mine Clover injects also Futomaki, but Futomaki has only 4 ports and my Asus Matrix 7970 has 6 ports.
So it crashes because the ports can't be mapped. And for all the other framebuffers with 6 ports, I get only 1 DP working and no DVI-DL at all.
In 10.9.1. with default AMD,Radeonframebuffer I had all ports working and highest LuxMark.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/126009-ati-7970-280x-displayport-crash-reboot-10-9-2-a.html

I did the Update with my Z87M-D3H Mainboard. No Problems with the Update, everything works fine :)

Then I suppose you need a custom patched FB which is possible, I suggest you make a thread in graphics where Toleda will see it. I don't like using any patches or edits like this as every update you lose them.

After Update 10.9.2:
I can't sign in to AppStore, Facetime, IMessage and ICloud any longer.
I know the reason for that:
My onboard Network adapter en0 "Broadcom BCM57781" stopped working. (ASRock Z68 Extreme4)

Is there anybody, who has a working BMC57781 Kext for OSX 10.9.2 ?

Solved! Broadcom BCM57781 (10.9.2 13C44) 3.8.1 working 100%

Then I suppose you need a custom patched FB which is possible

Yes, I'm trying it already, but no success yet.
There are to many things to change and finding the correct combination is like playing Lotto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back