Contribute
Register

OS X 10.9.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated worked well using the instructions from the front page on GA-Z87X-D3H. I reinstalled the audio and trim as instructed. On my GeForce 770 4G the monitors flipped. What was monitor 1 became monitor 2 and vise versa. I swapped the cables and that problem was 'fixed' but very odd. In google chrome though, on either youtube or twitch video I only get a couple of seconds of audio then it cuts out. This only appears to be happening in chrome. I will reinstall that and see what happens. Other than that, good stuff.

I did also do the NVRam fix for iMessage and got that working. I may back that out as well.

Update:
Removed chrome from applications and Library, reinstalled and the problem is gone.

Article: OS X 10.9.2 Update

Count me as another one curious about how to use the new system definition. I'm on x79 (3930k) and would like to experiment with this new definition. I just don't know where to find it.

I'm stuck at the apple boot logo with the spinning wheel. So far I've only tried GraphicsEnabler yes and no and IGPEnabler=No. Have no clue as to what I'm doing or how to fix.

Trouble-free upgrade using combo updater, ASUS Z87-PRO. Had to reapply TRIM patch as expected. I have two displays running off an NVIDIA 760 and their desktop arrangement was reversed after the reboot, but that was easily fixed.

Can you boot using the -v boot flag? You can press '-' when the boot loader appears, then enter what you want to use. Noticing what is loading when it hangs would help the forum help you.

Here's the step by step way to update:
:ch: Repair Permissions using the Disk Utility on the drive to be updated;*
:ch: Backup your current installation using Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper;
:ch: Use the Software Update to download and install 10.9.2 (recommend using the Combo Update);
:ch: Re-boot;
:ch: Run MultiBeast for Mavericks and just select your audio driver to install and TRIM (if needed);
:ch: Re-boot; and
:ch: Repair Permissions again.​

If you have TRIM enabled, check to see if it was affected by this update.

* You can use the Terminal instead of Disk Utility if you feel comfortable with a UNIX command:
Code:
sudo diskutil repairPermissions /

I have root installed on a software RAID 1. I had a kernel panic on the first re-boot. I plugged in the Unibeast USB, booted, selected "USB" and it booted from my RAID 1. Then, I ran Multibeast as suggested above and also this:

Code:
newfs_hfs -v EFI /dev/disk0s1
newfs_hfs -v EFI /dev/disk1s1
mkdir /Volumes/EFI
mkdir /Volumes/EFI2
mount_hfs /dev/disk0s1 /Volumes/EFI
mount_hfs /dev/disk1s1 /Volumes/EFI2
cd /Volumes/USB/usr/standalone/i386
fdisk -f boot0 -u -y /dev/rdisk0
fdisk -f boot0 -u -y /dev/rdisk1
dd if=boot1h of=/dev/rdisk0s1
dd if=boot1h of=/dev/rdisk1s1
cp boot /Volumes/EFI/
cp boot /Volumes/EFI2/
umount /Volumes/EFI/
umount /Volumes/EFI2/
fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0 <<EOF
p
f 1
w
y
quit
EOF
fdisk -e /dev/rdisk1 <<EOF
p
f 1
w
y
quit
EOF

Then, I continued with the instructions and the system was fine.

All working here with one minor hiccup. Followed Stork's instructions from the first comment, and all seemed to be good until the last restart. Audio was working again, but no TRIM support on either of two Sandisk 128GB SSDs.

Re-reapplied TRIM patch only via MultiBeast, fixed permissions, then attempted to restart. Had to force restart using button on the front of my case when the system hung at the spinning icon. That seemed to do the trick, though, as I now have TRIM enabled and no further shutdown or restart errors.

did combo with no success, did not install at all after supposedly installing, booted back to desktop and tried app store with successful install, i had to reinstall audio and trim other than that everything is great, also feels smooth but its just me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back