Contribute
Register

OS X 10.9.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.9.2 Update

Ok I have the Nvidia web drivers that came out recently with support for GK110b (780 Ti) and just updated to 10.9.2 and rebooted.. immediately upon rebooting the nvidia driver manager popped up and said that I'm now using the default OS X graphics driver and that the web driver is not compatible with 10.9.2, however my resolution can only go as high as 1280 x 1024. My monitor is 1920 x 1080 native. So I don't really know what improvements or support 10.9.2 actually did for OpenCL support for GK110b nvidia cards, however it is actually able to get to the desktop without using nv_disable=1 so that's good..

Edit: In Settings > Displays it says unknown display, and in About This Mac it says I'm using Intel HD Graphics 4600, but I'm connected from my monitor to the 780 Ti.. No idea what's going on.

Try this
Official NVIDIA rekeasefor 10.9.2
http://us.download.nvidia.com/W68s843JXDZ1FhKmnrfhz8rPdfv7rKfM/WebDriver-331.01.01b15.pkg

Article: OS X 10.9.2 Update

Update works straight from MAC App Store on Gigabyte X79S-UP5-Wifi - i7 3820. Only needed to patch sound and TRIM. Bluetooth doesn't work, but then again it never did. So looks to be Good to go :headbang: :clap:

Gotofail.com reports SAFE!

Update successfull through app store here, had to reapply audio (alc892) and trim patches though. Running Gigabyte H81M with i5-4440 and a 120GB 840 EVO ssd.

Smooth as could be, followed instructions to the letter. TRIM functioning fine. Don't forget to repair your permissions, I had quite a few after the Multibeast step.

Updated using AppStore method and then ran multibeast to install the Audio and TRIM support and everything worked fine.

My configuration:
Motherboard - GA-Z77X-UP5 TH
Processor - Intel i7-3770K
Memory - 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP
Drives - 2 x 500GB Samsung SSD's
Bluetooth - IOGEAR Bluetooth 4.0 Micro Adaptor
Video 1 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 with 27" Cinema Display
Video 2 - Intel HD4000 with a 24" Cinema Display via the thunderbolt connector
Ethernet - Built my own using a Mini pci-e to pci-e x1 adapter and a Broadcom mini pci-e card

I can't upgrade my OS, all the times I've done the upgrade from the App Store, when it restarts it gives no video signal. I have a Gigabyte GA-Z87n-WIFI with Intel 4600. I also did a new installation, then upgrade (Multibeast was going after...) but then I had kernel panic on reboot, and when I rebooted on safe mode, again no video.
Not enough with that, I can't download the new Mavericks app from App Store as it gives me an error all the time (on about 2/3 of download). Perhaps servers are too busy?
Please, guys, am I bad luck Brian or something?

ok it seems that the final update works very well including my wireless card again : )

Piece of (chocolate) cake... Only audio and trim fixed and repair permissions.

everything is fine!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back