Contribute
Register

OS X 10.9.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.9.2 Update

thanks i got same setup but this is my first hack so i updated and i get black screen i have no back up what shal i do ne sugestions only my graphics is r9 270x n memory kingston hyper ex beasts

can i make a suggestion this may not work on very hack but if u get the blackscreen after the combo update try this cause this just worked for me i tried over 20 times n i got black screen then i figured what the heck let me update be for using multi beast n all that sure enough it worked my cards r9 270x so i left it as 7xxx sires controller cause i usually use vladas kext to get full use of my card i just installed that kext now to use miltibeast and do very thing else lie keep u posted

Updated gigabyte GA-Z87M-DSH using the combo update. Reapplied realtek ACL 892 driver using multibeast and everything seems to be functioning normally.

I thought I'd add this to the discussion as it may provide new information. I did read the thread and couldn't see anybody who had done what I did.

I built myself a Hackintosh out of Z87X-UD5H. I initially used the Intel 4600 graphics and with various combinations of GraphicsEnabler, npci and PCIRootUID got a booting system to 10.9.

I installed Multibeast and it seems to work very well.

I then installed a non-Apple 5770 card which also worked out the box. Life looked pretty good.

I then upgraded to 10.9.2 using the Apple store method. Yes I know, I should have used the Combo updater but it was late :)

I had the same issues as everybody else with the 5770 card not working after going through the Apple boot screen and a black display coming up. I looked through various threads, but couldn't really work out what voodoo combination might make my system work.

However I do have a real Mac Pro, an old 1,1, which is my daily workhorse. It has a genuine Apple 5770 in it. I had run both the Apple and non-Apple 5770 cards to try and speed up FCP X in my real Mac.

I pulled the Apple 5770 and shoved it in my Hackintosh and it appears to work OK. No issues on boot, FCP X appears to work well, and so far, so good. Now I'm not going to say its perfect and "works like a charm" and any of that nonsense as testing it will take a couple of days to validate that everything works OK, e.g. FCP X might throw something, Pixelmator may be a problem, VMWare Fusion might stop working, I haven't checked it with multiple monitors yet.

But what this shows me (and I have no doubt far cleverer than myself people had already realised) is that the issue with Mavericks and the non-apple 5770 and other ATI cards is due to the config of the non-Apple cards themselves rather than Mavericks. A genuine card works (at first checking) well with few or no issues to date.

I can't afford a new MacPro so will continue to validate that this Hackintosh is indeed viable. I also checked with a spare 660GTX card and that also works past the boot screen without going black, BUT the 660GTX is nowhere near as fast as the 5770 using FCP X though the 660GTX is far faster on every benchmark, real world experience shows its half the speed of the 5770 for what I need it for.

For me I might well keep the Apple 5770 in my Hackintosh as the Mac Pro 1,1 is getting long in the tooth and is not the fastest FCP X machine around. It may become an ESXI server as its eight cores and 16GB of memory or it might just go on eBay. Any offers :)

Hello All,

I have just successfully updated mackintosh from 10.9.1 to 10.9.2 with no boot flags. I have downloaded the combo update and run it and after installation finishes, it goes for auto restart and all done.

Note: I am using built-in graphics of my board.

My hardware specs are:
Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad 2.8Ghz
Motherboard: Q9550
Brand: Dell Optiplex 760
Graphics Card : Builtin
RAM: 4GB
500W PSU

Now, I will have to check it with my dedicated VGA card (MSI Nvidia GT630), may be it will work now as it was not supported in 10.9.1 OS. I have heard that in 10.9.2 there is some nvidia graphics drivers added by apple. Let's hope for the best.

I will update you guys if I got any success.

Link to Mac Combo update :
Mac OS X 10.9.2 Combo Update

Follow-up to my post #561 and Steviejeep #551: (Trackpad not working after 10.9.2 update)
I think I have found the solution to the problem with my trackpad not being recognized after updating to 10.9.2 from 10.9.1). My situation could be different than most (which caused hours of researching and trying different, non-applicable solutions) so I hope that posting this will prevent others from wasting similar hours and hair loss:crazy:.

Problem: After updating to 10.9.2, my Apple Magic Trackpad was not initially recognized. After re-pairing, it was finally somewhat recognized but it acted as a simple pointing device. Multi-gestures would not work (despite being enabled in System Preferences) and the trackpad name did not appear in bluetooth preferences. After another reboot, even simple single-finger movement became erratic (as if the trackpad had a low battery or intermittent communication). I tried to connect an Apple Magic Mouse as well but it had similar issues. However, a Logitech wireless trackpad and keyboard worked well.

Initial attempts at solution: I initially updated via Apple's Software Update, which I thought could have led to this problem; so I repaired permissions, installed the 10.9.2 combo update, repaired permissions again and then ran Multibeast 6.2.1 (to update ALC898 kext and rebuild kext cache). This did not correct the problem. Console did indicate several failed kext updates due to invalid signatures (including some kexts that I had removed from S/L/E); so I then deleted the folder /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches in order to verify that the previous kext cache had been removed. Console indicated that kext cache had been rebuilt. However, this also did not correct the problem and errors were again generated due to invalid kext signatures (including those that I had removed from S/L/E). It appeared that the kext cache and pre-linked kernel rebuild process were finding kext files and / or NVRAM data from other location on my system...:banghead:

Solution: I have two boot drives (main SSD RAID running 10.8.5 and a backup SSD running 10.9.2). I suspected that the kext cache and / or pre-link kernel rebuild processes were pulling in files or data from the kext cache and / or NVRAM on my 10.8.5 boot drive, thus corrupting the pre-linked kernel and NVRAM on the 10.9.2 SSD. I then:
  1. Deleted /Extra/nvramxxxxxxx.plist file (from 10.9.2 drive)
  2. Deleted /Library/Preference/com.apple.Bluetooth.plist (from 10.9.2 drive)
  3. Disabled the 10.8.5 SSD RAID in BIOS
  4. Booted into 10.9.2
  5. Ran Multibeast to update kexts and to rebuild kext cache.
Upon rebooting with the newly-rebuilt pre-linked kernel and kext cache, Mavericks immediately recognized an unpaired trackpad and requested pairing. The trackpad has worked perfectly since this time (approx 5 days ago). The invalid signature errors are still present when rebuilding kext cache, but not for the kext files that I had removed. This appears to be a different issue, related to Apple's validation of driver signing, but it did not affect trackpad performance.

Lessons Learned: Each time I've upgraded the OS on one of my boot drives, it has required MUCH more troubleshooting than I had expected (due to similar issues with rebuilding caches or booting with unexpected parameters). This was a painful but great lesson. Now I will ALWAYS disable the hard drive for the system that is not being updated before applying any updates! Apparently the NVRAM build process pulls data from the most recently updated NVRAM folder, regardless of whether this data is located on the intended system drive. It seems that the kernel cache rebuild process could use similar logic.

Update works straight from MAC App Store on Gigabyte X79S-UP5-Wifi - i7 3820. Only needed to patch sound and TRIM. Bluetooth doesn't work, but then again it never did. So looks to be Good to go :headbang: :clap:

Gotofail.com reports SAFE!

get the IOgear bluetooth usb 4.0 dongle ($7 on amazon + $4 standard shipping ultra fast) - it's plug and play, I got a magic mouse and a trackpad both hooked up now, both with wake from sleep too. I'm running the 9.2 update straight off the AppStore with audio and trim updated on my z68 w/i7 2600.

tried to create a fesh unibeast install, but when Itry to re download the new version of os x mavericks 10.9.2 it downloads the whole 5.5 something gigs, then before its totally done downloading, it starts saying installing, for the last 4 min of DL. SOMETHING IS UP! Because the mavericks.app install no longer appears in the applications. I looked after dl but before restart, and also after a restart. All i could find of the 5.5 gig DL is a temp install folder on my root drive, But again No mavericks app to be found, not even in the temp folder. Its like they dont want you to have the actual app anymore.
Well I'm not saying I can't update, but I think that a app store update stops the DL'd Mavericks app to Appear in the applications or anywhere at all. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I'm on 10.9.1 SO YES ive made a uni beast with mavericks from 10.9.0 & 10.9.1, Also 10.8.4 , & 10.8.5 So I DO know where the Mavericks app Should be! IT's NOT there!
Well i booted my ML 10.8.5 partition and redownloaded the ML 10.8.5 and looked in the applications folder and BAMM right where its suppose to be. So I try to redownload the Mavericks 10.9.2, this time it won't download at all says I need to update first or something. SUX because I bet if I do update it updates the app store and then doesn't allow app to be found in the applications folder.
F.Y.I. to all it looks like its going to be a rough ride trying to Re-Make a unibeast install if you can't find the main component The "Mavericks App 10.9.2 and probable up from there. Might want to come back and read through some treads everytime before updating, might save ya a "Doh":banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back