OS X 10.9.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
How to install ?

Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3

-Simply repair permissions and kexts
-Downloaded combo update
-install update it will ask to reboot while rebooting it installs the updates
-Comp reboots log back in to mac re intall audio alc889 for this mobo re enable trim and reboot and your done

Everything works sleep wake audio video etc..

Enjoy

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...502gb-100-working-dsdt-free-3.html#post769740

It appears that GraphicsEnabler=Yes is now required for HD7970 to work properly. Graphics card is correctly identified as AMD Radeon HD 7970 3072MB. Azul frame buffer 10 works with Intel 4600 graphics.

Asrock Z87 Extreme9/ac
Intel i7 4770K
Sapphire HD 7970 connected to Thunderbolt display

After following the instructions everything worked except networking. I had to rerun Multibeast and reinstall the Realtek drivers for my GA-Z77N-WIFI.

So far so good!

I use USB DAC so I only have to reinstall TRIM Support. All went well here!

Article: OS X 10.9.2 Update

Has anyone been successful yet on an XPS8500. I tried upgrading from 10.9.1 but it get stuck after the reboot and I had to use Carbon Copy to recover back to 10.9.1

Ok repaired permissions, installed 10.9.2
first boot FAIL
second boot FAIL (from safe mode)
third boot with '-x -v' FAIL
fourth boot with '-x -v GraphicsEnabler=Yes' OK

I have a AMD 7970 in the machine.

Ran Multibeast and reinstalled Audio, TRIM and set GraphicsEnabler=Yes

fifth boot FAIL

Checked /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist no sign of GraphicsEnabler but did see IGPEnabler, so removed it and added GraphicsEnabler and it now boots again

Video card shows as an AMD Radeon HD 7970 X-Edition 3072MB

As far as I can tell everything working great! :thumbup:

1. repaired permissions
2. applied 10.9.2 Combo Update
3. restarted
4. applied Trim and Audio patch
5. repaired permissions
6. rebooted

DONE

I'm currently finishing my Super Duper backup, as soon as it finish I'll update with the Combo Update. Will update later with all the info.

GA-Z77X-UD5H
Core i5 3570K
16Gb Ram
GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1024 MB
Dual Monitor Setup

UPDATE:

Finished installing, reboot, MultiBeast with TRIM and Audio Driver, Reboot, Fix Permisions and everything has been runnning flawless for the last couple of hours!

It appears that GraphicsEnabler=Yes is now required for HD7970 to work properly. Graphics card is correctly identified as AMD Radeon HD 7970 3072MB. Azul frame buffer 10 works with Intel 4600 graphics.

Asrock Z87 Extreme9/ac
Intel i7 4770K
Sapphire HD 7970 connected to Thunderbolt display

Yes I had to ensure GraphicsEnabler=Yes was set otherwise the machine would hang at boot time no matter what I did.

Had to remove IGPEnabler=Yes as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back