Contribute
Register

OS X 10.9.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seem to get a black screen with GTX 460. I have the boot screen with a spinning wheel and it gets to the final part and my monitor shuts off.

I have repaired permissions and can boot with nv_disable=1.

I have tried all different flags related to graphics. GraphicsEnabler=yes and no - npci=0x2000 and 3000 - pcirootuid=1 and 0.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Edit

Got it working! Added a few flags to my boot.plist

I added;
GraphicsEnabler=Yes
PCIRootUID=1
NPCI=0x3000
IGPEnabler=No

I think the IGP set to No fixed it for me. I couldn't get the graphics to boot yet could hear clicks of the volume if I pressed the keys. Everything working now.

Ok I have the Nvidia web drivers that came out recently with support for GK110b (780 Ti) and just updated to 10.9.2 and rebooted.. immediately upon rebooting the nvidia driver manager popped up and said that I'm now using the default OS X graphics driver and that the web driver is not compatible with 10.9.2, however my resolution can only go as high as 1280 x 1024. My monitor is 1920 x 1080 native. So I don't really know what improvements or support 10.9.2 actually did for OpenCL support for GK110b nvidia cards, however it is actually able to get to the desktop without using nv_disable=1 so that's good..

Edit: In Settings > Displays it says unknown display, and in About This Mac it says I'm using Intel HD Graphics 4600, but I'm connected from my monitor to the 780 Ti.. No idea what's going on.

Noob question ; its better to upgrade from the appstore or with the combo update ? Beacause i have noticed with the 10.9.1 that the appstore update is bigger than the combo.. ?

No problem with update.

dell l502x update work !! :)

Article: OS X 10.9.2 Update

Mac App Store updated with 10.9.2 App:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/os-x-mavericks/id675248567?mt=12

Screen Shot 2014-02-25 at 1.46.26 PM.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back