Contribute
Register

OS X 10.9.1 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worked flawlessly on my old, plain P5Q with E8400 using instructions above.

Article: OS X 10.9.1 Update

Went without a hitch on x58a-ud3r

any one try this update?

I confirm that everything is working great after the update via downloaded .dmg.
Just re-installed the audio drivers for the GA X79s UP5, reboot, and that's it.

Notice: after the update I got a higher score on geekbench as many chaps on this forum.

Thanks Apple!
Thanks Tonymac.

:thumbup:

Cheers.

Here's the step by step way to update:
:ch: Repair Permissions using the Disk Utility on the drive to be updated;*
:ch: Backup your current installation using Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper;
:ch: Use the Software Update to download and install 10.9.1;
:ch: Re-boot;
:ch: Run MultiBeast v6.01+ and just select your audio driver to install;
:ch: Re-boot; and
:ch: Repair Permissions again.​

If you have TRIM enabled, it is unaffected by this update. :thumbup:

* You can use the Terminal instead of Disk Utility if you feel comfortable with a UNIX command:
Code:
sudo diskutil repairPermissions /

Right on, instllation with no problem. Audio kext reinstall with multibeast ok. But i can't go on appelstore anyway "Connexion impossible..." ???

An idea ?

So, not for me...after updating, installing sound, reboot ok but i can't open Appelstore anyway since that. It write : connexion is impossible, retry later ????

An idea ?

Word of warning,

I installed the app store version automatically and fixed audio driver, no problems there.

THe problem is that I can no longer boot from the other disks on my system (mountain lion, clone of original hd, copies of such, etc.) I will wait for the updated unibeast and then make a 9.1 usb stick for applying to the unbootable content of my previous mountain lion 8.5 disk.

One funny thing is that the app store says that iWork needs to be updated to .01, when it already has been. Whatever.

That's been happening to me from 10.9 on. Periodically it says they need to be updated, then it changes it's mind after a restart.

my update went a little wrong, multiple system friezes after login.
i removed the system drive and reapplied multibeast.
all fine now afaik except none of my bluetooth devices want to connect (Cambridge Silicon Radio usb chip) grrrrrrrrrrr (so far hahaha)

Easy-peasy (clone of Slugnet's Video Editor).
Backup.
Download.
Install.
Grab new Multibeast.
Redo the sound update for ALC898.

Thanks again to the tonymacx86 crew for the continuing support, and up-front research to keep my hack humming along on the latest and greatest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back