Contribute
Register

OS X 10.9.1 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just updated and my displays (when using two) are still jumpy. Any suggestions on that? Macbook Pro 5,2

Update went very smooth no problems at all. Mavericks runs much better than Mountain Lion ever did.

I had the same freezing problem that some are referring to in the comments, that was not related to this update but rather my 10.9.0 was freezing every 30 minutes or so, and i have an 8 series Gigabyte MB with the F7 BIOS.

I was able to fix that by resetting the BIOS to default settings, disabling and re-enabling Integrated Intel Graphics and on-board ethernet then reset BIOS again, then i made a fresh install of Mavericks using the new .1 versions of both Unibeast and Miltibeast and did not have a single freeze since, so it is either one of the Kext included with the .0 of Multibeast or a Gigabyte's BIOS glitch that was resolved by resetting the BIOS and refreshing it by disabling and re-enabling some on-board components.

I have been having a very solid experience after the BIOS reset/refresh and reinstall of OS X using the new/latest versions of tony's tools.

Good Luck.

I would like to know... What extra steps do I have to take before I can update my RAID 0 installation? Right now, I don't have a backup drive, should I hold on? or can I update without backing up?

Applied the update using the method described in Stork's post and all is goodness.

4770K - GA-Z87X-UD3H - GTX 660

Updated via App store….everything works,reinstalled kext ALC892.Thanks Tony.

Article: OS X 10.9.1 Update

Just updated and NOT everything was working. Get kp's on VoodooHDA 2.7.2 for VT2021 (Ga-z77 d3h rev 1.0). I uninstalled the kext and now everything works great (exept audio obviously). Is there any work around for all the non-ALC users on this forum. Newer Voodoo kexts didn't work for the VT2021, but didn't hurt either. Thanks!
I've found the workaround. I ditched the VoodooHDA kext and installed a patched version of AppleHDA and modified my DSDT instead. Search for 'VT2021 AppleHDA' and you will find this solution. No more messing around with Voodoo! Install the new AppleHDA kext with Kextwizard, repair permissions and you're good to go. Haven't tested all ports yet, but hey I've got sound again :D.

Article: OS X 10.9.1 Update

i already updated my hackintosh even i reinstall audio kexts via multibeast it doesnt work (alc889).
screenshot.png

this is the screenshot of system info there are 2 intel high definition audio listed after reinstallation audio kexts. audio icon has shown on the right top corner but its inactive.
can anyone help?

Sorry when i was reinstalling audio driver i forget the select the macos volume for multibeast to build there. :banghead::banghead: :oops: i have sound now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back