Contribute
Register

OS X 10.9.1 Compatibility Report: Socket 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry,I just find I could not download the preview update app which file size 243.4 MB,although I can see the preview page,but when the download start,it show me that is the newest app.Dose someone can upload the preview app which post date is Dec.16.2013,size 243.4MB?

well,I will install my downloaded app,today I just install the 10.9,the system is very new.even than I have not install the multi beast and third part drivers now.

now ,I will install the app,wait me the new message!

Great find Solarduaun 2010 ! Give it a try on your CustoMac and report back what the
differences are with each of the different updates. This could be important for all those
with socket 2011 builds.

I feel sad,I get a system message box when I try to install the newest update app 'your system is not support by this software',may be it is made for the true late 2013 vision Mac Pro,it is not suitable for the hackintosh,although we had the similar hardware.

can someone make some ideas to help us to solve that issue,maybe we can hack Socket 2011 machines as late 2013 mac pro,but need someone upload the new mac pro EFI first.I will wait,think about the issue.

Does someone can suggest me some method,modify the root or some other ways?

I feel sad,I get a system message box when I try to install the newest update app 'your system is not support by this software',may be it is made for the true late 2013 vision Mac Pro,it is not suitable for the hackintosh,although we had the similar hardware.

can someone make some ideas to help us to solve that issue,maybe we can hack Socket 2011 machines as late 2013 mac pro,but need someone upload the new mac pro EFI first.I will wait,think about the issue.

Does someone can suggest me some method,modify the root or some other ways?

It will require modification of the system definition on your build, specifically the smbios.plist
Some testing will have to be done by someone like MacMan who understands how this all works.
Then once the 6,1 sys def is part of multi beast we can see if your specific hardware will still boot
properly. There's a lot we don't know yet cause no one has a NMP unless you work for the Verge or Macworld etc.

@trs96

thank you,I will keep looking for the news,well,I have update to 10.9.1 via apple update center,I think it must be the older update install,btw,just have a play in 10.9.1.when someone can hack the new 10.9.1update install,i will go back to have a try.

I figured out how to install the MacPro Update on any System:

The Update for the new Mac Pro: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1707

Copy the Package out of the DMG file you downloaded and put it on your desktop
Get "Flat Package Editor" (it ships with XCode)
Open the Package on your desktop with the Flat Package Editor
Copy the File "Distribution" to your desktop
Open it with TextEdit
Search for "-1"
Remove the - so that it is just "1" and save
Delete the old Distribution in the Flat Package Editor
Copy your edited in and save
Run the modified Package

I did not run the Update myself, as I have an Ivy Bridge System, but it starts without message :D

I figured out how to install the MacPro Update on any System:

The Update for the new Mac Pro: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1707

Copy the Package out of the DMG file you downloaded and put it on your desktop
Get "Flat Package Editor" (it ships with XCode)
Open the Package on your desktop with the Flat Package Editor
Copy the File "Distribution" to your desktop
Open it with TextEdit
Search for "-1"
Remove the - so that it is just "1" and save
Delete the old Distribution in the Flat Package Editor
Copy your edited in and save
Run the modified Package

Excellent @Flyhero ! Now we need some beta testers with socket 2011 builds to test this out.

I did not run the Update myself, as I have an Ivy Bridge System, but it starts without message :D

Good idea, if you've got a Haswell or Ivy Bridge or older system don't install this version of 10.9.1
on your main install of OS X. It wouldn't give any added benefit to you anyway.

Excellent @Flyhero ! Now we need some beta testers with socket 2011 builds to test this out.
Good idea, if you've got a Haswell or Ivy Br. or older system don't try this on your main install
of OS X. It wouldn't give any added benefit to your OS X installation anyway.

my system had just build successful,but I would like to be the tester for the new app.Good luck!

i will report some new message soon.first ,I have to go and study how to use the Flat Package Editor.:D

@solarduan
I've found an about this Mac that shows us the unique 10.9 build that came with
Mac Pros that have already shipped out. There may be a problem with adding that
10.9.1 update to a CustoMac that has a different version of 10.9 installed.

10.9.0 Mac Pro special build is: 13A4023 which I believe is different from the 10.9 we all downloaded.

TRS 2013-12-21 at 7.56.33 PM.jpg

Possibly try and find the Mac Pro combo update and clean install that on your machine
to see what happens. I can't seem to find it anywhere in the Apple support section. May
be that combo updates are now only available through the App store.

I just download the xcode and Flat Package Editor which‘s name is PackageMaker now,xcode is exclude it,so have to download from the developer.apple.com separately,I find it so hard.but I will test.Good luck!

to Flyhero
thank you for your method,now I have not got any error message when I try to install the new app,soon I will finish the install,maybe I will meet some problem,Good luck to me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back