Contribute
Register

OS X 10.9.1 Compatibility Report: Socket 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
to Flyhero
thank you for your method,now I have not got any error message when I try to install the new app,soon I will finish the install,maybe I will meet some problem,Good luck to me!

I just can install,but,i meet trouble,the installer could not success in finish the whole process,it show me installation fail message box! very sad!

I just can install,but,i meet trouble,the installer could not success in finish the whole process,it show me installation fail message box! very sad!

see my post # 28. The new Mac Pros all shipped with a different build of 10.9.0 than we
got from the App store download. So adding 10.9.1 special update for the MacPro likely won't work.

If you've still got 10.9 on a Unibeast drive you could clean install and then try the update for the MP.
Not sure it would work though.

now,my software vision charge to 13B4116 from the directly updated vision13B42 via apple appstore,it is really strange,may I be downgraded?

but I have to go out for worship now,thanks to Jesus Christ,Merry Christmas everyone!

update:now I finish the newest app upgrade installation.

plz add the intel Xeon Ē5-1620 V1 cpu to the Buyer's Guide,I have test it on my x79s-up5 building,it can work full functional.thank you!

Merry Christmas to you!
P.S. hope you update the Multibeast when you get the New Mac Pros' SMplist in future.

Chris,from China

Ivy Bridge-E, Intel i7 4820k is working on Mavericks OS X 10.9.1 (13B42)
CPU power management as mentioned in the thread, doesn't work at all.

Ivy Bridge-E, Intel i7 4820k is working on Mavericks OS X 10.9.1 (13B42)
CPU power management as mentioned in the thread, doesn't work at all.

NO native support for Ivy Bridge E/EP yet in any OS X. test by tonymacx and macman

any news for ivy bridge e support now? the mac pro has been released quiet some time back now.

or are we all still waiting for the full os system dump from apple?

In a related note, what is Macworld suggesting in the most recent edition?

"Any informed person who buys an old Mac Pro today does so for reasons other than computing power, such as a wish to get the tower case. And who knows? Perhaps more-industrious folks can gut an old Mac Pro and build their own machine that runs OS X."

In a related note, what is Macworld suggesting in the most recent edition?

"Any informed person who buys an old Mac Pro today does so for reasons other than computing power, such as a wish to get the tower case. And who knows? Perhaps more-industrious folks can gut an old Mac Pro and build their own machine that runs OS X."

Here's an "experiment" performed by MacWorld in their lab last September.

http://www.macworld.com/article/204...-pc-that-runs-os-x-faster-than-a-mac-pro.html

So yes, they are well aware of this and other sites
that offer support for OS X installs on PC hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back