Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
X85A-UD3R combo updated, everything seem work fine, but sound and SATA3 port not working...!!

- i tries reinstall sound driver from MultiBeast 5.5.2 (both with DSDT and without DSDT, unfortunately still not work...)
- and SATA3 port with 2 HD disappear... (Marvell 9128 onboard chipset)

* i used KextWizard to repair permission after re-install sound driver from MultiBeast.

i also try to restore the AppleHDA.kext from Time Machine, but it still not work..

please advise, many thanks...

After I updated to 10.8.5 thru Apple Software...I am stuck at the grey apple logo after about 30sec. to a minute, I get the white square that has a circle with a line through it.

CPU: Intel i7 3930K
CPU Cooling: Corsair H100
GPU: MSI GTX 680 Lightning 2 gig
PSU: Corsair AX750
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz DDR3 (32GB)
Mobo: Asus Sabertooth X79

Hi again...

just try re-install the combo update again, and it work!!

- run combo update, not restart yet...
- copy DSDT.aml from /Extra to Desktop ** dont know why? but, try install without this step the sound and SATA3 not work!
- run MultiBeast 5.5.2 / select UserDSDT / select ALC889 / and the latest Chimera for Bootloader
- after finished / close MultiBeast / run KextWizard to repair the permission
- restart

bingo!!
everything work fine, but the TRIM support for SSD are all disable, so i try the following link to re-enable it.

http://www.groths.org/software/trimenabler/

everything work fine, thank you all guy!

My system:
Gigabyte X85A-UD3R
i7 980x running 3.33GHz / 24GB
ATI Radeon HD5870 with 2 xDELL WFP2408
WiFi (from MacbookPro Airport) using mini-PCI-E adpter work fine
Wireless Apple keyboard + Apple trackpad (using USB Bluetooth from ELECOM)
Wacom tablet
8 HDs (3 SSD/5 HD)
- OSX in SSD (intel 180GB) on SATA port 0
- 2 x SSD running RAID0 on port 2,3 (OCZ & SiliconPower, 120GB+120GB=240GB) (BlackMagic average score: R/350, W/220)
- 5 HDs on the rest of SATA, eSATA & SATA3 ports (BlackMagic average score: R/80-100, W/80-100)
**it's seem like the SATA3 (6 Gig.) ports running at same speed as SATA2 and eSATA ports

*2 DVD writer (LG & Buffalo) running on USB work fine
*USB3.0 work fine with WD500GB (BlackMagic score: R/W ~75)
*External Sound Device work fine on USB

Geekbench 64-bit score: 15178

Article: OS X 10.8.5 Update

My build Asrock Z77 Pro3 i7 3770 8GB DDR3 1TB HDD
Added during this install: Geforce 285 GTX

I already had this setup working with 10.8.4 as posted earlier.

I upgraded with 10.8.5 Combo (downloaded 11 Oct so it included the supplementary update as well)

Procedure:
- installed the combo update
- ran multibeast 5.5.3
- checked Audio > W/O DSDT > ALC982
- checked Misc > USB3.0 - universal

rebooted and everything was fine.

*update: The USB3 ports are not working. Used the Multibeast 5.5.3, downloaded the latest GenericUSBXHCI.kext v1.2.7d3 also not positive. Any ideas from anyone? Thanks!

* update 2: Installed the GenericUSBXHCI.kext v1.2.7d3 but this tome added the kernel flag "-gux_no_idle" to the org.chemeleon.boot.plist file. Turned off and on again and USB3 is OK now.

Repaired Permissions using the Disk Utility
Ran the Combo Update

"Installation Failed", so I rebooted and checked system info: 10.8.5. was installed!

Ran Multibeast for audio ALC889, got an installation error, rebooted and audio was working!

Haven't checked USB 3 yet.

Removed the freezefix app for fermi freeze and so far so good, but still needs to push this further

I had the exact same problem as you! :banghead:
After I rebooted twice though...
I had a "Waiting for DSMOS..." error when I put up the verbose flag followed by blank, white screen, only way for me to get my machine running was by booting with GraphicsEnabler=No....
Multibeast will not install anything in 1.8.5...I always end up with "The Installation Failed"...
I think I'm going to downgrade to 10.8.4, or something. Mavericks will be out very soon.

So far so good, CUDA working, my cheap WIFI card worked for the first time without re-write, but...audio is out and Multibeast says instal failed...oh well, could do with some peace for a while....

I'm no expert at this but did the upgrade to 10.8.5, Audio failed. Used Multibeast...failed installation (only selected Voodoo). Checked Error log...and it was the GenericUSB as described above. Followed the instruction above and all now working.

successfully installed GA Z68XP UD4 REV 1.3

before installation I copied the kexts AppleHDA, ATI6000controller the desk
after installation KextBeast and everything working.

thanks

GA Z68XP UD4 REV 1.3
Intel Core I5 2500K
Radeon 6870 HD

successful install direct from app store. work perfect with no issues

100% success.
Updated from 10.8.4 to 10.8.5 through app store, installed audio drivers (ALC8892 no DSDT) via Multibeast, and everything is working ok, including overclock (i52500K @4500).
Thanks Tonymac for everything!

Just for the record:

Z68X-UD3H-B3 UEFI Bios.
Radeon 6850 HD

Upgraded to 10.8.5 with the downloaded Combo Update.
Installed the GenericUSBXHCI.kext with KextBeast before rebooting.
Everything is working as perfectly as before, i never bothered with audio since i use an external audio interface though. Did not have to reinstall anything with Multibeast. A couple of boot errors pop up but nothing to worry about. I will fix it by reinstalling chameleon later.

As a side note, can anyone briefly explain to me why/what repairing permissions is needed and what it exactly does ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back