Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.8.5 Update

I have Asrock Z87 extreme 6 and no luck so far. I tried to freshly install with 10.8.5 and the latest unibeast. The installer runs but then restores the computer. I tried -x -v PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No

Set the following in the BIOS
Shared memory -> 64mb
AHCI (parameters were all set)

not sure on how & where to set HT-V parameter and to what.

Please suggest.

On GiGabyte-z77-ds3h everything seems to work fine execpt USB 3.0 i did install the generic patch from latest multibeast but only works on first boot, if you disconected per say a iphone and conected again it wont sync again if i dont install the generic usb kext it wont even work at all USB 3.0 weird hope it is only me ;-)

I'm still having problems with Audio. I've tried multiple times, unsuccessfully to install the ALC892 without DSDT driver. MultiBeast 5.5.1 keeps throwing Install Failed error. The AppleHDA.kext 2.4.7-toledaALC892 version shows up in S/L/E, but sound is a little suspect. After a bit of time, sound gets fuzzy and sometimes it just stops. Thoughts? Getting everything back up after the combo installer was a beast, sorry for the pun. Running a GAH77N-Wifi...I've been messing with the Audio Midi setup but its not exactly cut and dry if changing things actually make it better. I've changed the Format from 44100.0 Hz to the other values and the drop down to various settings. Did you hear it? It just did it again...

UP5-TH: Updated via the Combo Update. Ran last multibeast with audio and chimera selected. Ran kext-wizard before restart to repair permissions and rebuild cache.

Everything seems to be working...

Thanks for the hard work!

Congratulations!!Mountain Lion 10.8.5 working perfect..not freezing,install Ml with unibeast (usb),install combo update manual 10.8.5.restart computer with usb,use multibeast restart,install cuda driver (version:5.5.25) yeah!!!!man,not problem

GA-P67A-D3-B3 (user DSDT)
Core i5 2500k
Gigabyte GTX 560

Thank You Tony mac!!!;)

IMG_0001.JPGIMG_0002.JPGIMG_0003.JPG

Installed using Stork's method... machine now boots to "Memory Allocation Error! Addr: 0xdeadbeef, Size: 0x0, File: ati.c, Line: 1725 This is a non recoverable error! System HALTED!!

Help!!
Hardware is below:
Antec P183 Titanium ATX Mid Tower Case
Intel Core i7 3770K 3.8Ghz (OC'd to 4Ghz) Socket 1155 8MB L2[Zalman 135mm CPU Cooler
Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0
16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 PC3 12800 1600Mhz
Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB SSD (SATA 6Gb/s) (OSX Boot)
3TB ST3000DM003 7200RPM (SATA 6Gb/s) (OSX Storage)
Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB SSD (SATA 6Gb/s) (Windows)
ASUS DRW-24B1ST SATA 24X DVD Burner
Gigabyte GV-R797OC Radeon HD 7970 GHz Edition 3GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16
Apple/SysKonnect Dual Port Gigabit Server NIC PCI-Express x1
Corsair HX Series HX750 750W ATX12V SLI Gold Modular PSU
Dual Dell 27" LED-LCDs

Thanks for getting back! I've got good news......problem SOLVED!!!

Just wanted to post solution for UD5 X79 board updated from 10.8.4 to 10.8.5

After much headache and help from thanos4 its working again - thanks thanos4!

Maybe this will help someone else with the X79 board?

Ok here it goes -I did a fresh install of 10.8.5

BTW it should be noted my GTX 650ti card was in the far right slot closest to the CPU. Also have 6 core 3930K CPU. Not sure what video card others use or what slot they have it in, and or cpu but below boot flag worked for me:

I had to use bootflags in USB by pressing space bar then enter "-v -x GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x3000 cpus=1"

Once in desktop I ran the below Multi Beast 5.5.1 settings for theUD5 X79 with GTX650ti:

1: Under Customization checked GraphicsEnabler=No since I could not boot properly without using that boot flag

2: Instant Menu

3: Easy Beast

4: audio 898 (without DSDT)

5: hnak for network

6: trim enabler 10.8.3 (if you have ssd - I do have a OCZ Vertex 4 and love it)

7: appleACPIplatform rollback-to 10.8.1 Rollback

8: ssdt options-sandt bridge core i7

9: Adjust org.chameleon.Boot.plist in the string in the <string>darkwake=0 </string> line to include "npci=0x2000"like so <string>darkwake=0 npci=0x2000</string>"

10: I added generic usb kext that stork recommends via the kext utility tool from post 2.

11: Did a repair disk permission in disk utility.

-G

@gabrieljsmith1

THANKS for this post! I'm back up and running on my GA-X79-UD5 in no time!

Guys, I updated both my Gigabyte boards and I detect the same issue: hard-drive spin-down on all non-system drives. I've looked around, it relates to the USB-drive-ejection-detection issue too; I read over at Apple forums that Bluetooth issues have also emerged with this update. I recommend staying away from 10.8.5 as a new replacement update is coming up, hopefully soon enough (think I saw on CNET). My boards are P55M-UD4 and H61N-USB3, both with multiple HDDs. I've reset Energy preferences, nothing happened. Drives still spin-down! Thanks.

After updating to 10.8.5 sleep no longer works. Wakes up after a few seconds. I could only get sleep to work in the past by adding darkwake=8. Now I've tried darkwake=8 and darkwake=0, and removing darkware entirely as explained by Stork in Post #2 of the "Article: 10.8.5 Update, but it just won't sleep. Any ideas?

After updating to 10.8.5 sleep no longer works. Wakes up after a few seconds. I could only get sleep to work in the past by adding darkwake=8. Now I've tried darkwake=8 and darkwake=0, and removing darkware entirely as explained by Stork in Post #2 of the "Article: 10.8.5 Update, but it just won't sleep. Any ideas?

Same problem here, but I discovered that my pci-Ex Startech PEX1394B3 firewire card broke sleep. Still testing settings in bios...

Do you have any Pci-Ex on your Customac?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back